Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have never had '3G' on the reception part of my Desire

Options
  • 11-08-2010 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

From looking at the print your homes screen thread it looks like everyone else does. All mine ever says (bar when it is on Wifi) is E or mainly H and the arrows going back and forth etc. Am i doing something very fundamentally wrong? Is it affecting my battery life, speed of handset when out and about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

The H stands for HSDPA which is 3G.
    The E is edge which is when youre outside a 3G area
    Its working fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

H afaik also means 3.5G. So nothing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭ellinguistico

thanks chaps. Kind of knew i was ok but only want the best for my lovely desire ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Well H (HSDPA) is 3.5G, and E (Edge) is 2.5G

It just depends on which signal it is able to pick up, and always defaults to the higher speed signal.

To be honest this is a bit of a nuisance as I find that if I only have one bar on HSDPA or 3G it is slower than GPRS is.
    Also I'm sure it uses significantly more battery with the low signal strength on 3G networks. It would be nice if there was an option to switch to 2G automatically if the signal dropped below a certain level.

hmmmmm.... must see if I can set that up with tasker

Advertisement