Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Over night road works

Options
  • 11-08-2010 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭

FFs what smart alex's idea was it to do over night road works with diggers and pneumatic drills on blakestown road/blanch road north.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Apprently the road surfacing was substandard and has to be replaced and they were told to do it at night. Work crew of 17 out there, concrete saws, pneumatic hammers the works and about 6 vans. Very pissed off, if I had of know I would have bougth ear plugs as it is a warm night and the noise is traveling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

did you go out and ask them or wha?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

well they had high vis vests so they looked the part.

Slydice wrote: »
    did you go out and ask them or wha?

I did, took photos and recorded the sound level. They were still at it at 5 am :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Thaedydal wrote: »
    I did, took photos and recorded the sound level. They were still at it at 5 am :(

you planning on making a complaint? It'd be nice to know if it's possible to sort out situations like that

• Advertisement

yes that is why I went and took photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 901 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover_53

Hi there

The more I think about this the stranger it seems, I know UPC have been working in the area a lot, was it anything to do with them?

I drove up that road twice yesterday and saw no signs or anything to say the road would be closed that night.

I came up from the N3 last night & found the road blocked off at the Blanch Center rounabout @ Sheepmoor. There was a sign facing the Town Center saying 'road closed' but nothing facing the N3 direction.

The road was blocked by traffic cones, a gold coloured Toyota Land Cruiser & an orange sign saying 'DIVERSION' but there was no flashing lights or flagmen present or any signs saying what was happening.

If I remember correctly a few months back when they did road works outside the Blakestown Community Center signs were up a couple of months in advance.

Just find the whole thing odd now that I think about it.

I found it very odd which is why I went out and took pics of the road crew and the contractor vans with the names of the companies. They were resurfacing I was watching them do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Maybe there was an accident due to the surface?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

You can be sure there'll be a good reason for doing it at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,827 ✭✭✭Polar101

Might be related to the new traffics lights there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

They would have had to have full permission out of the council etc to do that you can be sure that they were allowed what companies were doing it ?

Advertisement