Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grant Confirmation Date?

Options
  • 10-08-2010 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any idea of when to expect confirmation of whether or not their grant has been approved from the Wicklow County Council (Note:mine is a grant renewal). When did they generally inform people last year?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Owlwink.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,022 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No,

I'm waiting on confirmation of mine, Wicklow Co Co are one of the worst grant authorities in the country in terms of late payment

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭owlwink

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    No,

I'm waiting on confirmation of mine, Wicklow Co Co are one of the worst grant authorities in the country in terms of late payment

At least this year I'm in a position that if they could at least just give me confirmation I should be able to take care of things up until they eventually pay me of course.

Wicklow Coco = :eek:

owlwink wrote: »
    At least this year I'm in a position that if they could at least just give me confirmation I should be able to take care of things up until they eventually pay me of course.

Wicklow Coco = :eek:
    I rang Wicklow CoCo regarding my own application and they said to email them - it's heg@wicklowcoco.ie

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    I rang Wicklow CoCo regarding my own application and they said to email them - it's heg@wicklowcoco.ie

Already sent them an email a while ago, but the answer I got was about as vague as it gets. Just sent them an other one just to see if they will be a little less vague this time.

From my experiences they are really quick to reply if you contact them by email and they have no problem 'answering' any queries that you may have. As for phoning them (forget about it) :rolleyes:

Already sent them an email a while ago, but the answer I got was about as vague as it gets. Just sent them an other one just to see if they will be a little less vague this time.

From my experiences they are really quick to reply if you contact them by email and they have no problem 'answering' any queries that you may have. As for phoning them (forget about it) :rolleyes:

They replied to my email saying I have been provisionally approved for the 3k rate
    :D;):):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm still waiting to hear. Might send them off an email during the week if I haven't heard anything. I understand that it takes a while for new applications, but I don't understand how it takes them so long for the renewals. Luckily last year, I was in the first/second batch for each instalment.

One of my friends only got confirmed after she'd finished college last year. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Chris007

Anyone get a confirmation from Fingal coco?

They finally got back to me with a provisional offer of full fees and the 3K rate aswell.

HAPPY OUT :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Blueshooter

They finally got back to me with a provisional offer of full fees and the 3K rate aswell.

HAPPY OUT :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:

How are they back so soon???

Did you not have to send in a FA1 form@????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭JenniFurr

Haven't got confirmation yet but I got a letter that wanted me to confirm something. I had the same problem last year and after I sorted it out I got confirmation less than a month later so I'm expecting to hear soon from Waterford City VEC

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

Im waiting for confirmation from Wicklow C.C too!!
    I have got it for the last two years so I reckon I should get it.
    Just want to know now at this stage..

Im waiting for confirmation from Wicklow C.C too!!
    I have got it for the last two years so I reckon I should get it.
    Just want to know now at this stage..
    email them

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Emailed Wicklow CoCo and got a reply saying due to the huge number of applications it would be another few weeks before I heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭mumtoe&e

I am waiting too - wicklow co co here as well.
    I got my fees paid and the 3k rate last year, dont know this year though - I am assessed on my husbands earnings.
    However, I checked my UCD account last week, and my fees have been paid by wicklow co co, so am happy with that, anything else will be a bonus, think I may email them just to see!

Advertisement