Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motor not at zero degrees when set with DiSEqC

Options
  • 10-08-2010 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

So my motorised dish project that I got advice on here about, got sidetracked a little. 4 years to be precise :P

Anyway I'm planning to do it over the next few days. Pole is mounted and just needs a shim or 2 to get it perfectly vertical. But I've come across a slight problem when testing the motor.

The motor is brand new out of the box (although bought 4 years ago so no warranty whatsoever now :P )

When I took it out I noticed that the arrow isn't perfectly on 0 Degrees, I figured it would just reset to 0 when I hooked it up to the receiver.
    I hooked it up and used Goto X to set it to 0 degrees. It didn't move.
    I set it to various different locations and it moves but the arrow always sits approx 1 degree West of where it should be.
    If I set it to 1 degree East, it looks to be on 0.

So how should I go about setting up the system?
    Is it normal for the motor to be out by a little bit?

Thanks in advance.

Here's a photo of the scale that I'm talking about. (Sorry about the quality, it was taken with my phone)
    img0018fz.th.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

well it wont be at zero. you should be using usals not diseqc. Have you set it up using your south satellite (5 west for dublin or 8 west for Galway/Limerick?)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭after_shock3000

Just figured it out. Found a manual for a Moteck SG2100A and figured out how to manually set where it thinks 0 degrees is. (Mine is a Twindish copy of the Moteck).

Snaps, I haven't got the motor mounted yet, I just wanted to centre the motor's arm for when I do mount it. it was set up so that when it thought it was centered it was actually at 1 West.
    I'm in Cork. I was planning to use Intelsat at 1W or Thor at 0.8W to set up with.
    Should I not use those?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I'm in Cork. I was planning to use Intelsat at 1W or Thor at 0.8W to set up with.
    Should I not use those?
    No,you should use 8w to set it up.
    The motor will be pointing at around 0 Degrees on 8W.

Advertisement