Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vitamins & Roaccutane?

Options
  • 10-08-2010 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi all,

Just a quick question... I'm on Roaccutane three months now. Was back with my Derm today & asked if I could take any vitamins / supplements that might combat the serious exhaustion that I'm feeling lately (about the last two months!) despite having a minimum of 8 hours sleep per night.

He said that I could take a vitamin, but couldn't recommend anything in particular. I know to stay away from anything containing Vit A, so I contemplated Berocca. However, 'Dr Google' suggests that you shouldn't take both :confused:
    Initially, I was told I'd be on it for about six months... But today there was talk of a twelve month course - so I definitely can't cope with the tiredness for another nine months or so!

Anyway, just wondering if anyone can suggest a vitamin that they took while on Roaccutane that didn't have any major interaction?

Thanks,
    Akila :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

hey akila, as far as i know most multivits have vitamin A in them, id say your best bet would be to pop into your local pharmacy and have a chat with the pharmacist, they should be able to steer you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 41 akila

Ah... Obviously I didn't have my weetabix this morning, as that hadn't even occured to me! Thanks :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

yep, you need to speak with a pharmacist or doc about this

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement