Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wastewater management assessments

Options
  • 10-08-2010 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Fas are offering a new FETAC lev 6 course to certify as an assessor for waste water management on site surveys. Costing nearly 2K wondering does anyone know about this?is it good value? is there any business out there? Do you have a building degree?:cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

I did the course last year.

Its a 2 week course , 1st week (4day) in Tullamore, 2nd week (4 day) in Wexford.

After the couse, you have to carry out 2 sample assesments yourself, submit them and go before an interview panel (2 people in my case) for scrutiny on the assesments.

The course is interesting but a bit long winded.

I have an engineering degree but there were some on the couse who had little or no construction experience. I would imagine they found the course difficult. The failure rate at interview stage is quite high.

There is some work out there but this is probably due to the restricted amount of people who have completed the course. Most, if not all, county councils have a panel of approved assesors which you have to apply to get on after you do the course. Alot of them will interview you before allowing you on the panel.

The couse is about 2k. In my case it has paid back for itself already but you need to factor in insurance and other costs. The going rate for a site sutability test is about €500 - €600 plus VAT in my neck of the woods but I understand it's less in other areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭atech

Snake9 wrote: »
    Fas are offering a new FETAC lev 6 course to certify as an assessor for waste water management on site surveys. Costing nearly 2K wondering does anyone know about this?is it good value? is there any business out there? Do you have a building degree?:cool:

The next course runs in Sept, not sure if its full but I'd ring them asap to find out because I've been waiting since February to do it so I'd reckon you might have to wait until next year if you haven't applied yet.

Jimbo,

Were the sample assessments done in Wexford at the end of the second week or where and when after do they take place?

Atech

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

The sample assesments have to be done yourself after the two weeks course.
    You have to find 2 sites yourself to do the assesments on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

Any chance of a link to the course lads?

• Advertisement

No6 wrote: »
    Any chance of a link to the course lads?

I just filled out the form I downloaded from the below link I found while doing a search and posted it in.

www.enviro-solutions.com/FAS-Site%20Suit-09.doc

You could ring the number at the bottom of that to see if Sept course is full or try Paul Cruise/Catriona Cummins at 01-6070814.

Advertisement