Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transcripts from UL

Options
  • 10-08-2010 2:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5

Hi all,

I need to get my transcripts from UL for the teaching council, I have no idea who to email or ring?? Can't find anything on the UL website!

Any idea's??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

gettin your degree accessed is it?!?! had to do it myself earlier this year! you have to actually go down to UL and go to student services. Ask them for a copy of your transcript. itll cost you €6. They stamp it aswell so its certified, which is what the teaching council want!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 toftof

Your JOKING ME??? :(

I got them from Maynooth no problem, they posted them to me? Ah here, I don't know if i'll get down to Limerick before the end of the month, crap.

Also, do you need to have your actual parchments? I don't even know which application form to download, I'm teaching since 2007 but thought I was registered!!...

ooops :(

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭awny

Maybe ring and ask student services. You might have to send a postal order with the €6 and theyll post them back? I just sent them a copy of my degree!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 toftof

This teaching council is a joke!!! :(

Thanks for the advise :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Sorry to bring up a necro-thread but does anybody have any idea how to login to that system if you're an Alumni. I need my transcript.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

toftof wrote: »
    Your JOKING ME??? :(

I got them from Maynooth no problem, they posted them to me? Ah here, I don't know if i'll get down to Limerick before the end of the month, crap.

Also, do you need to have your actual parchments? I don't even know which application form to download, I'm teaching since 2007 but thought I was registered!!...

ooops :(

I know for definate that UCD have a form that you can download send into them with a few of your details and you can have them sent home. If you have someone down in UL that you know they can collect them in person and bring it to you. You would have to let them know on the form name student number etc.

Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

spideog7 wrote: »
    Sorry to bring up a necro-thread but does anybody have any idea how to login to that system if you're an Alumni. I need my transcript.

I don't think you can once you have graduated. However you can order a transcript from them. It has to be on headed paper and stamped by the college usually to be deemed official.

From the website:
    Transcript Requests

In order to obtain a copy of your official academic transcript, you will need to put your request in writing to the office, advising us of your student Id. number and a forwarding address. If you have forgotten your student ID number, please ensure that you advise your date of birth, your programme of study and the year you commenced your studies. There is a €10 cost for your official transcript so please ensure that you send either a cheque, postal order or bank draft made payable to the University of Limerick for the amount of €10. Forward your request to Student Academic Administration, University of Limerick, Limerick. Upon receiving your request we will endeavor to process it within 5 working days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Thank you, I'll do that. I've kept copies of all of the documentation I've received so I'm little annoyed that they never did this:
    New Graduates
    New graduates will be automatically issued with the following documents electronically shortly following graduation.

Transcript of Results
    Award (equivalent to a certified copy of your paper parchment)
    European Diploma Supplement

Also I originally thought this thread was in the UL forum, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

spideog7 wrote: »
    Thank you, I'll do that. I've kept copies of all of the documentation I've received so I'm little annoyed that they never did this:

Also I originally thought this thread was in the UL forum, sorry.

They've only been doing that since 2005 I think, so if you graduated before then you would not have got an electronic copy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement