Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too early to plaster?

Options
  • 10-08-2010 1:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭

House will be block on flat with external insulation. Schedule means that it's likely the external insulation will have to wait until the spring, given it's frost sensitivity.

Windows will be fitted in Nov. Roof will be complete and the scaffolding can be wrapped in that green mesh to keep the bulk of the weather out.

I was wondering if it would be madness to plaster the inside of the house (to scratch coat) before it's insulated. Would the internal plaster likely suffer in frost etc.

The thought process being that I could at least work on my airtightness during the winter instead of the project grinding to a halt. It would mean that in the unfortunate event that I can't hit the required 0.6 ach I could follow Viking House suggestion and plaster the outside of the house before EWI is fitted (there'll be no living with him if that happens)

Crazy????

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 406 ✭✭FesterBeatty

Crazy??? - yes. The plaster will crack and craze in a matter of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Don't take short cuts - the build is programmed that way for a reason.

You're the one who will end up paying for it.

Advertisement