Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am i entitled to Grant

Options
  • 10-08-2010 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hello,

I am wondering if i am entitled to grant i have completed two year course in Northern Ireland in May i then move out of home and receiving the unemployment benefit since end of may if i go back into education would i be entitled to the grant i and under 23 and dont receive any help from my family

any help or advice would be nice

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,928 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You will probably have to apply based on your parents income being assessed

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭EmmaThomas

Johnnymcg wrote: »
    You will probably have to apply based on your parents income being assessed

but since i am living out of home and paying for rent by myself i should be entitled to the grant?

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

EmmaThomas wrote: »
    but since i am living out of home and paying for rent by myself i should be entitled to the grant?

It appears you may not be entitled to BTEA either, therfore it will be difficult for you to finance your time at college?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 mimirose

as far as I know you would still be classified under your parents as you are under 23.. thats what happened to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,928 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

EmmaThomas wrote: »
    you are under 23 so not a mature student - You may be entitled to a grant but it would be assessed on your parents income

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
Advertisement