Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question re fuel

Options
  • 09-08-2010 11:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

My first question is. Would you say that a rocket destined for space carries more fuel than any of the planes that hit the twin towers? Yes or no?

I'll wait for an answer before i go on:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭digme

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

digme wrote: »
    yes
    Ok. So after watching about 30 or so rockets blow up on the launch pad before they even got off the ground, i realised something strange. All of the steel towers on the launchpads were still there when the smoke and flames were gone. They must have super duper fire resistant paint. Unlike the ones that melted in the towers?.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

Probably because they're designed with the possibility of something like that happening in mind and are designed to resist great heat and force?

Probably because they're designed with the possibility of something like that happening in mind and are designed to resist great heat and force?
    Wouldn't you expect the same in 2 buildings that high?

Foam/water would put out the fire fairly quickly.I think the towers were blown up it's fairly obvious.

• Advertisement

Foam/water would put out the fire fairly quickly.I think the towers were blown up it's fairly obvious.
    Just what i wanted to hear. Nuff said. Thanks lads;)

:) funny thread hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

:) funny thread hehe

You should check this one out... http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055994839

Glazers Out!

haha ya seen that

• Registered Users Posts: 16,578 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

haha ya seen that

I always knew we were nutjobs. There must have been a conspiracy to hide this from us apparently.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

My first question is. Would you say that a rocket destined for space carries more fuel than any of the planes that hit the twin towers? Yes or no?

I'll wait for an answer before i go on:confused:

You noticed they don't slam the rocket into the stand at 500mph right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

Termites wasn't it?

Advertisement