Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coeliac restaurants

Options
  • 09-08-2010 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all
    Going to Dublin for weekend.Would appreciate if anyone could recommend some nice coeliac friendly restaurants around city centre.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Are you looking for a special occasion? Or just generally? Or even any particular type of cusine?

I'd personally say try the Winding Stair (if you can get a table!)

I know Roly's in Ballsbridge do great gluten free bread - and are very good about Coeliacs. For quick lunches, you could go for Mexican and have corn tortillas? (Taco taco, Boojum)
    If the weather is good, a table on the balcony in the M&S restaurant - and they have everything marked very clearly. Sushi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 MakeUp Fanatic21

Cornocopia (think that's spelt right) is another nice one. If you log on to the Coeliac society website they have a list of coeliac friendly restaurants for every region. I find it such a pain trying to find somewhere to eat out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Probably a bit too far out for you but Prego's in Lucan is another coeliac restaurant with a great reputation. The owner has placed 1st, 2nd and had a couple of thirds in the World Championships of pizza making. I believe that the Coeliac Society have held dinners there in the past so it's reputation is well deserved. I live near and regularly get food there and have to say the food is gorgeous. There is a take away and a lovely restaurant up stairs. The Italian ambassador to Ireland is a regular customer there too.

I have nothing to do with the place btw. I just love the food from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭supersheeps

+1 for Pregos, my hubby's coeliac and going to Pregos with him is like bringing a little kid to a sweet shop!!
    Millstone, on Dame St, caters for coeliacs, seperate menu, great range of dishes, and good lunch and early bird deals.
    Saba, on Clarendon St, has many naturally gluten-free Asian dishes, and are very aware of the requirements of coeliacs.
    Gourmet Burger Company in Temple Bar/Castle St do burgers without buns, but I'm not sure if there's any cross-contanimation issues.
    Oh, and you can get gluten-free fish and chips (in batter and all!) in Beshoffs on Mespill Road at the weekends, they use seperate fryers for the g-f food. The Beshoffs (different company to the one above) on O Connell St advertise g-f fish daily, but it's not nearly as nice as that in the shop on Mespill Road, and you can bring your food over to the canal and watch the ducks go by while you stuff yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 charlie40

Thanks for all replies
    it is a bit awkward eating out at times but if you know where to go its not such a big deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Pichet in town is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

jdivision wrote: »
    Pichet in town is very good

Yeah, I'd say if you go to restaurants of this calibre (if you can afford it all the time!) then I'd say you'll be accommodated with no hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Yamamori Sushi have a gluten free menu http://www.yamamorisushi.ie/gluten.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

The Farm on Dawson Street have a gluten-free menu too

Advertisement