Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for pamg re backing up!

Options
  • 09-08-2010 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

I recently had a problem with my HTC phone that eventually led me to have to restore from factory defaults. I had backups enabled on my phone and I had also copied these to my PC as a pre-caution. I was suprised when I eventually restored my phone from a backup how little of my data had actually been backed up. The backup did not include for example my Phone based contacts, my calendar or any of my customizations like screen layout. All of my apps disappeared and any data associated with these apps also dissapeared.
    From researching it on the internet it appears that there are various apps that provide different levels of backup to the SD card, there appears to be nothing that can comprehensively backup all of your data to a PC which seems to me to be the most basic of requirements for this type of device.
    I was just wondering if you had similar experiences or know of better backup options.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

How were you doing the backup? The one that comes with the phone is pretty much useless.

Normally i'd recommend Titanium Backup but it's for rooted phones only. This backs up your applications and their data as well as their market link meaning the market will continue to update them. It does not backup phone based contacts, calendar or any of that however.

The best backup app in my opinion is MyBackup Pro. There's a 14 day trial available on the market. This app can back up all your applications either to your SD Card or Online and can also backup all your data i.e. Home screen layout, SMS, Contacts e.t.c.

It's well worth the $4.99 but if you aren't convinced download the trial from the Market (Search MyBackup), after the 14 days are up you can buy it from here (As the market still doesn't support paid apps)

http://www.rerware.com/Android/

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

THanks a million for that pamg, will have a look a that option, might be exactly what I'm looking for. Thanks again. May be back to you with more questions though, hope you don't mind :)

Advertisement