Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW Billing Support

Options
  • 09-08-2010 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭

So I am having an issue with the billing on my account in WoW. It does not seem like a complicated thing but the problem is just trying to get in touch with somone.

I emailed on Friday morning and have had no reponse. The kicker is that I have tried calling them multiple times over the past 4 days and every time I get a message that the call volume is so high that they will not even put you on hold. I have tried to call over 25 times and get this message every time.

Has anyone ever actually talked to billing support? Is it a really thing or just a pretend phone number that they throw out there?

If it is real it seems like really bad marketing to basically tell people who want to give you money to go shove off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Try looking for the international number or even the UK or US number just to get through to a human. Email also works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

I guess I will email again.

I have already tried the US and UK phone numbers several times. The US one had wait times upwards of 40 minutes and the UK won't even let you wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Find out what time the lines open and call first thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

jujibee wrote: »
    I guess I will email again.

I have already tried the US and UK phone numbers several times. The US one had wait times upwards of 40 minutes and the UK won't even let you wait.

Blizzard US wont be able to help you with a problem on an EU account.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

I had a similar problem with the UK number a few months back. Tried them dozens of times at various times from first thing in the morning onwards and each time they wouldn't put you in the queue. Email did work eventually but it takes time and if you didn't put in all the required information you have to reply to their mail and enter the queue again. Thankfully reply emails get processed a lot faster -- in my case it went from 9 days with the first email to 2 days with the reply!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Columc

When ringing i would suggest using Skype, since Blizzard have free-phone numbers, however none in Ireland so you will need to call england which in turn will cost you. While skype will be free.

Using their webforms to talk with billing is very easy. I had a few problems with them at the start of the year, sent out a email via the webform and I got a reply the next day. Make suer you add in all possible information. such as:

battle.net account
    WoW account in question
    Wow character in question(if applied)
    Your name
    Your address
    If you have cd-keys send them as well

And then a description of your problem.

Thanks for all of the tips everyone!

I have tried calling first thing, tried skype, sent emails and a webform with everybit of data I can possibly think of and still no response.

I am just going to have to be persistant I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

where/how are you sending email to/from? You are using the webform right?

I have filled in a webform and I sent an email to the billing support address from the email account linked to my WoW account.

Yeah! It is finally fixed :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement