Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repetitive Strain Disorder and the HTC Desire

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Is the pain around the base of your thumb?

I developed a pain there about a week or two after first getting the Desire and it lasted about a month. In the end I changed the pocket I stored the phone in for a while, therefor changing the hand that gets it out of the pocket and uses it. Pain gradually went away.

These days I try to be more ambidextrous with my phone usage :). Thankfully it's not recurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Desire.d

Do some Qi Gong exercises to strengthen the hands, a lot of therapists who do body work use it.....or bin the phone :eek:....never!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Goodshape wrote: »
    Is the pain around the base of your thumb?

I developed a pain there about a week or two after first getting the Desire and it lasted about a month. In the end I changed the pocket I stored the phone in for a while, therefor changing the hand that gets it out of the pocket and uses it. Pain gradually went away.

These days I try to be more ambidextrous with my phone usage :). Thankfully it's not recurred.

The pain is actually in most of the joints, knuckles etc, and is particularly bad when using the phone, you don't think it might have anything to do with the signals do you

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Hi,

Love my desire, can't put it down, been rooting, customising, the whole shabang. Problem is I have had a pain in my left hand (phone hand) for the last two weeks which only goes away if I haven't been playing with the phone for a long time.

Left hand you say? Get an iPhone 4 instead - that'll cut down on the over-use. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Left hand you say? Get an iPhone 4 instead - that'll cut down on the over-use. :D

I'd never go back NEVER. The only problem I have is resisting trolling over on AMD. Have you heard the latest over heating complaint. Oh how I gloat

• Advertisement
Advertisement