Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Market/Wildfire

Options
  • 09-08-2010 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭

I have the Desire and just got Wildfire for daughter - she is delighted-me less so as we have switched from PAYG to contract:) and I do NOT want her to go over her minutes, so have tried in vain to get the Mobile Account Checker from the Android Market. It shows up on my phone on the market, but not on hers! I tried scanning the barcode thing with her phone - not available. Tried with mine and bingo it is there. Any clues? I have it installed on my phone, but really need it for her!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I think the market filters out apps that aren't available for certain devices so it's possible that it doesn't work on the Wildfire. Try installing it manually, this page has a third option for installing it, put in your email address and get a link to download it sent to you. Don't hold me responsible if it screws up the device though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭dragona

Thanks - all three ways I get *there are no matches etc for pname:com.miconico.mobInfo2*
    I don't understand why not!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Do you have the App Sharing application on your Desire (needs to be Android 2.2) - you may be able send it to your daughter's phone that way.

Do you have the App Sharing application on your Desire (needs to be Android 2.2) - you may be able send it to your daughter's phone that way.

I do - it sends her a link, and then it comes up as unavailable:(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'm guessing it may be a screen size issue. Less apps will work on the smaller screens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Maybe you should email the developer - his contact details are in the Android market page for the app. There may be something he can do to get it for you

Maybe you should email the developer - his contact details are in the Android market page for the app. There may be something he can do to get it for you

Just have:D for the time being have got it on my phone to check her minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 spellstar

Hi,

I have just got the wildfire yesterday and am finding the same problems over and over... very frustrating. A few different apps have been recommended to me and are coming back as unavailable or that they don't exist.

Any other ideas on this? Is it a fault? Or do you think down to screen size? If its not going to be fixed then I'll have to take it back as its super annoying,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

It's not a fault. Developers have to adjust apps for then screen resolution. Same issue with the x10 mini and pro.

Anyone swapped a Wildfire for a Legend?? Daughter in tears - most apps that she wants are no go......also a good few videos on YouTube are not available too.....what reason can I give for swapping???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

You don't need any reason so long as you return it in pristine condition and make it appear unused. 14 day cooling off period on every single contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

dragona wrote: »
    Anyone swapped a Wildfire for a Legend?? Daughter in tears - most apps that she wants are no go......also a good few videos on YouTube are not available too.....what reason can I give for swapping???
    It's the same price anyhow, on contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

You don't need any reason so long as you return it in pristine condition and make it appear unused. 14 day cooling off period on every single contract.

I think you will find "Pristine" wont cut the mustard ! unused and unopened im afraid to avail of the cooling off period, is it insured ? ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

oleras wrote: »
    I think you will find "Pristine" wont cut the mustard ! unused and unopened im afraid to avail of the cooling off period, is it insured ? ?
    where did you hear that?
    you have a cooling off period to cancel the contract, you have to return the phone to cancel the contract, i never heard of it having to be unused.
    are you suggesting insurance fraud instead?,,,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭oleras

subway wrote: »
    where did you hear that?
    you have a cooling off period to cancel the contract, you have to return the phone to cancel the contract, i never heard of it having to be unused.
    are you suggesting insurance fraud instead?,,,

Not sure who the contract is with, but it is pretty standard industry wide, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65830865

As for your "Fraud" alegation, Sir, i take offence...I am simply conducting a vox pop on the users to insurence ratio...so far it is 1:1 ;)

Very unfortunately, the daughter is madly madly in love with the Wildfire, so will not let me swap it,probably because it looks like the Desires baby......I have emailed the developer and got a very quick reply, he is trying to sort it out for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dahayeser

Any reply from the developer?

In a similar situation here. Got the Desire for me and my wife got the Wildfire.. Bit of a disaster all of the apps that don't work on the wildfire!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

+1 kinda worried now as I wasn't expecting apps to just not work on the wildfire. I recommended it unfortunately. MAC is a must imo

Advertisement