Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried about high mileage?

Options
  • 09-08-2010 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

servicing a Hymer A Class today ... 1997... and 245,000 km on the clock! And flying it .:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

sure thats only 153,000 miles :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

I have 344k km on the clock... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

Not many coachbuilts , built from new chassis , with that sort of mileage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭samih

Aidan_M_M, how did you find working on it compared to a lower mileage examples? In general, most of the campers probably end up being scrapped with a tiny fraction of their true mileage potential being used due to rust or neglect.

Thanks for the bottle adapter btw, worked a treat.

PS. My sprinter has 185k now but it spent first 171k as a panel van. It continues to drive really well. I try to take good care of my vehicles and I think the van will also eventually die from rust as opposed to wearing out mechanically.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

samih wrote: »
    Aidan_M_M, how did you find working on it compared to a lower mileage examples? In general, most of the campers probably end up being scrapped with a tiny fraction of their true mileage potential being used due to rust or neglect.

Thanks for the bottle adapter btw, worked a treat.

PS. My sprinter has 185k now but it spent first 171k as a panel van. It continues to drive really well. I try to take good care of my vehicles and I think the van will also eventually die from rust as opposed to wearing out mechanically.

I've been servicing it on and off for the last 8 years... so no different to any really... Only problem was a couple of rusty brake pipes , and a couple of weeping rear wheel cylinders . Neither a major job .

Glad to be of help to you!

• Advertisement
Advertisement