Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The New Desire HD?? (With Video)

Options
  • 09-08-2010 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭

Seen This over at Gizmodo
    An unusually well-shot and clear video has appeared online,
    showing off the as yet-unannounced HTD Desire HD. Looking more like an EVO 4G than the original Desire,
    it has a 4.3" display and half-matte, half-glossy back.

Do clamp your eyes on the HD YouTube video fondle of the Desire HD below, and tell us what you think.
    While it doesn't give away too many details, at least we can gather it's got a bottom-located 3.5mm jack,
    and dual LED flash next to the stylized lens.
    HTC's famous rubberized back has returned, only in patches—around the flash and antenna,
    down the bottom (presumably for the battery-eject, as we saw in the Legend and HD Mini),
    and on the right-side (I'm guessing for the microSD card slot).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Celestial Deity

That is one hot phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

If that comes with one of the new Dual Core snapdragons i'm sold :D

The 1.5GHz x 2 Snapdragon capable of decoding 1080p (:eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

No front facing camera on this yoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Special Ops

iphone 4 is the only one with that beauty, and i would not touch that.:cool:

looking to score one in the duty free on my hols next month, anyone got ideas on prices in dublin duty free or amsterdam?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭djgaillimh

If that comes with one of the new Dual Core snapdragons i'm sold :D

The 1.5GHz x 2 Snapdragon capable of decoding 1080p (:eek:)

It doesn't. Some specs were leaked a couple of weeks ago, looks like the same Snapdragon as the Desire/Evo/Incredible/etc. Which means it's already behind the likes of the Galaxy S in terms of its CPU/GPU.

The camera seems to be the only significant improvement over the Desire. It's a bit odd since the 1.2GHz dual cores are already shipping to manufacturers.

I read somewhere that Android isn't currently able to make full use of dual core CPUs, but I don't know how true that is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement