Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ghost bus in dublin city

Options
  • 09-08-2010 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭

has any one gone on this yet just wondering how much they paid
    i recall it been only 20 each for an adult there before the summer but i never got around to goin but the GF asked did i want to go on the latest one this week end and iv looked it up and now it seems to be €28 and latest seems to be 9.30 where it used to be later am i just imaging things or was this always the case
    seems to me like a total ripp off even at €20 but i dont mind payin that but €28 thats just ridiculous
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Went on it a few years ago. Don't remember how much it was, but I do remember being extremely unimpressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

NothingMan wrote: »
    Went on it a few years ago. Don't remember how much it was, but I do remember being extremely unimpressed.

wouldnt be worth the €28 quid so :(

think ill go else where found a site hidden dublin walks but there timeing aint great but the tours look alri some as cheap as €12 but it dont get dark untill later thats why kinda wanted go on that ghost bus 9.30pm would be kinda dark out but as you said extremely unimpressed think ill keep my €28 cheers for the heads up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I went on it a couple of years ago, I thought it was quite enjoyable and a fun thing to do but for that price, I wouldn't consider it nowadays :eek:

spider_pig wrote: »
    wouldnt be worth the €28 quid so :(

think ill go else where found a site hidden dublin walks but there timeing aint great but the tours look alri some as cheap as €12 but it dont get dark untill later thats why kinda wanted go on that ghost bus 9.30pm would be kinda dark out but as you said extremely unimpressed think ill keep my €28 cheers for the heads up

It's basically done like a short historical tour of Dublin city, except they tell you some crappy ghost stories.

Could be good fun for younger teenagers or tourists. Would be worth it for the laugh if it was a tenner, but for €28 it would leave you feeling ripped off. Think we had vouchers when we went so wasn't too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

You might find a few helpful reviews here,

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g186605-d546291-Reviews-Ghost_Bus_Tour_Dublin_Bus-Dublin_County_Dublin.html

I think the latest one is from Aug 7th this year.

• Advertisement

Reviews there would reflect my views fairly well, some people obviously enjoyed it for the same reasons I didn't.

Should point out that I have absolutley no belief in the supernatural so obviously that would immeditely make me not the target audience.

reviews aint really the best for it some state it was €25 when they went but would be well suited to 10-€15 mark but now its gone up to €28 i remember sayin a bit back ah sure its only €20 its something to do but now at €28 and the reviews it has its a no go for me

typical rip off republic :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

I did it a few years ago on Valentines day so it was dark. Can't remember how much it was but do remember thinking before it was mad dear.
    However I loved it, the guy giving it was great, you don't have to believe any of it to enjoy it.
    I reccommended it to lots of people after, but on account of the fact that you already have it set in your mind that it's a rip, is there any chance at all that you could enjoy it?

I did it a few years ago on Valentines day so it was dark. Can't remember how much it was but do remember thinking before it was mad dear.
    However I loved it, the guy giving it was great, you don't have to believe any of it to enjoy it.
    I reccommended it to lots of people after, but on account of the fact that you already have it set in your mind that it's a rip, is there any chance at all that you could enjoy it?

id enjoy it alri scare the GF lol i might look into the hidden dublin walks site they do some interesting tours one up in the hell fire club at night id be well up for and are all pretty cheap and look to be great value for money compared to the ghost bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭FUNKY LOVER

your man who does the tour now is creepy but in a good way,he is very good!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

I have heard it's good if you are quite drunk, otherwise there are far better ways to spend €28 of an evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭markpb

A group of friends did it last year and enjoyed it. Not worth €28 though :-\

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Worth a tenner, not the €25 I paid a year ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

Definitely overpriced but I found it quite enjoyable. Did it around Halloween last year so the evenings were a bit dark for it. The guide was very entertaining. Worth doing once with a few friends for a laugh

Advertisement