Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3g Issue

• 09-08-2010 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Over the past couple of days, my 3G has been acting very strangely on my iPhone4.
    When I'm at home, my iPhone has good 3G signal - but yet will not connect to the internet. But once I tether it with my PC, the 3G begins to work on both my iPhone and my computer. It's a weird glitch alright.

This happens quite regularly all over Dublin, where the first couple of days it was working perfectly.
    A screenshot of the issue:

domomg.png
    Before I tether, with good 3G coverage - no connection

xqkxes.png
    The second I tether, google loads.

When I plug it out, it works for a little period but then begins to stop working again - and I have to tether?
    any ideas to what this might be,

cheers,

Kevin.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Other people reporting similar issues too. All discussed in the 3 issues thread.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055970262

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

NothingMan wrote: »
    Other people reporting similar issues too. All discussed in the 3 issues thread.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055970262

I have not found such issue in the 3 thread, but I have posted in it already.

I made this thread as the screenshots are too big for the megathread and this seperate thread will probably get more attention than one single post in that thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,631 ✭✭✭pah

Kevin! I'd have to assume that you've reset all your settings, restored from itunes etc first, is the iPhone Jailbroken is the iOS & carrier settings updated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

pah wrote: »
    Kevin! I'd have to assume that you've reset all your settings, restored from itunes etc first, is the iPhone Jailbroken is the iOS & carrier settings updated?

I've reset my network settings, but I'd rather restore as my last resort as it means jailbreaking again.

I just remebered that I had set my mobile on three as a dongle to bypass restrictions upon advise from a member, maybe that's confusing it and I've set it back to an iPhone 4 - will give it a day or two and see.

Advertisement