Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Match Thread** Tue, Aug 10th @ 21:15 in Wes#1- Boardeaux -v- Derivativos!

Options
  • 09-08-2010 8:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

GK

Clay - in

Defenders

Andy - in
    Cathal - in
    Dan - in
    Ed - in
    Keith - in
    Glenn - inj
    Graham - inj
    Martin - out

Midfield

Cillian - inj
    Collie - in
    Conor - in
    Eoin - in
    Gav - away
    Kenny - in

Forwards

Anto - out
    Ciaran
    Dave - in
    Jules - in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Im in

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

im playing a gaa match at 7.30 in dundrum, so i should be ok for this, though maybe i will be late.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm in for this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I'm in, this is my last game cos i wont be free on tuesdays next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Still out lads sorry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Good luck lads. Not sure at this stage if I'm in next season or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

In

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'm out for this now, twinged my groin in training alst night and didn't really think anything of it but can't even walk properly on it this morning.

Good Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I'm in.

not that it matters much, but these are the only team except the team on top we havent beaten at least once all season. this is a game we should be winning also to end the season on a good note. we drew with the 2-2 the last time, we were 2-0 up with a few minutes left.

makes you wonder why we are 4th in the league if weve pretty much beaten everybody bar one team who will probably win the league. weve dropped so many silly points against the bottom 5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I might be a few minutes late tonight.

3-0 win, overall, bar the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half when they pushed on a bit, we weathered it and deserved our win for sure. played some good stuff, with jules getting 2 and conor the first.

They are actually a much better side than their league position shows and they got a good few decent results and took points off all bar 2 teams. they even beat templeogue who won the league tonight, so 3-0 is a good result against them. they also had 2 excellent players from the team that won our monday league playing, one of them has 26 goals this season between tuesday and the monday league, so they have some quality players.

good open honest discussion afterwards that i think everybody can take something from. i made my points known as to a few things that i didnt agree with, but its nothing personal against anybody, we all want what is best for the team and we all want to win. we are never all going to agree on everything, but at least tonight, everybody was able to maintain a mature and worthwhile discussion, that i am sure will benifit the team 100%.

it wasnt the best of seasons in terms of results and league position, but we did have some cracking performances and played lovely football. beating ketamine 3-0 and finally ending our ss rovers hoodoo were the 2 games that stood out, also the 2 games with roys, even though we lost the 2nd one, were both very enjoyable, as they were both played at a high level and both could have gone eitherway. lowlight is dropping 9 points against the bottom teams that we should be beating, but these things happen.

finally, that was probably my last game for boardeaux for now, i dont know if i will be back in october, but looks like i wont, i plan on doing a course in college and so far the best and cheapest one is on tuesdays and runs for 5 months starting september. i could make some games, like to filll in for clay if needed once or twice, but thats not the sort of dedication needed and its best i dont sign up in the squad.

hopefully the team can get in 3 or 4 new players to replace the ones that leave, and with a little bit of luck, a league can be won. the dedication that has been shown by some people, they dont need mentioning, deserves one.

in several games this year like the ss game, the team dug deep when needed and there was a real team spirit in a few more games also. that along with the huge amount of good playes in the team, should win a league title sooner or later.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Was a good performance, has been an odd season i think. We've dominated some good teams and the next week played like 11 strangers and then as Ed says had a backs to the wall performance the following week. Its a good bet RR, Astros, MDMA could be in our league again next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Was a good performance, has been an odd season i think. We've dominated some good teams and the next week played like 11 strangers and then as Ed says had a backs to the wall performance the following week. Its a good bet RR, Astros, MDMA could be in our league again next year...

Not too sure we'll see Astros and MDMA in our league as they both are grass teams and usually only turn up in the summer leagues.

emc2 wrote: »
    Not too sure we'll see Astros and MDMA in our league as they both are grass teams and usually only turn up in the summer leagues.

astros were in the thursday astro league in the winter, rocco rovers played them twice!

Advertisement