Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ancient and medievil history and culture

Options
  • 09-08-2010 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

hi, just wondering about this course, does anyone who has done this degree have any information on it and impart their views and opinions. thanks, :D

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭Denerick

Don't do this if you want to get a well paying job. Do this if you are in love with the course and don't fancy getting bogged down in ten-a-penny business courses. Simples. You'll be taking a long term gamble but in the end you'll probably end up with the same job as your buddy that went to DIT to study business.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭sron

Denerick wrote: »
    Don't do this if you want to get a well paying job. Do this if you are in love with the course and don't fancy getting bogged down in ten-a-penny business courses. Simples. You'll be taking a long term gamble but in the end you'll probably end up with the same job as your buddy that went to DIT to study business.

Et tu, Denerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jay dubya

thanks for replyin, whats the course like by the way, modules, hours etc. also what type of profession do you think this degree would be more suited to, im hoping to enter into the media sector when i finish college.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Denerick wrote: »

sron wrote:
    Et tu, Denerick?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Raedwald

http://www.histories-humanities.tcd.ie/amhc/freshman.php

This would be your best place for info. If you want to get into media it would a good as course as any other really, will help critique information and develop writing skills.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

I can only tell you about the History Dept side of the course, having taken many medieval courses with them. The staff are all lovely and happy to help out students, and the advantage of many of the courses is that (especially from second year onwards) they don't tend to be very large, so there's a good chance to meet people and the lecturer. Ancient & medieval looks like it'd be a great course, approaching the period from many different angles and disciplines, bit of variety!

The medieval stuff surprised me, I didn't think I would be that interested in it when I started, but it has proved fascinating, helped along by some great teachers. And the library facilities for reading/research are, of course, fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 jay dubya

thanks guys, it seems like a really interesting course and something id definitely like to do. another thing the points for 2009 were 385. do you think they will shoot up (ill be applying in 2011):D

Advertisement