Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desire overheating?

Options
  • 08-08-2010 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭

I've got a problem since getting the OTA froyo update. If I use the phone for about half an hour with the screen on (I can listen to music etc. as long as the screen isn't on) it reboots and goes into a restart loop where it gets to the main screen but then restarts again. If I take the battery out and leave it for a while it will work again. I think it could be overheating because it gets fairly warm. Anyone else have this problem or know a fix that doesn't involve sending the phone back?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Best bet is to reflash the 2.2 ROM. That's just a factory reset from the settings menu in essence.

It sounds as if there's an app in the background causing high CPU usage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Best bet is to reflash the 2.2 ROM. That's just a factory reset from the settings menu in essence.

It sounds as if there's an app in the background causing high CPU usage.

Sorry, should have said. I've tried that twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

My old nokia used to get quite hot when running with the 3G and Wifi enabled when operating as a wireless access point but it never crashed because of it. Do you get the same problem when Wifi and 3G are disabled? Also, lack of free space in the system memory might cause the phone to work a bit harder but if you've cleared off all apps using factory reset then it's more than likely a hardware fault.

perhaps there is a temp monitoring app you can use to try and see what's going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

My old nokia used to get quite hot when running with the 3G and Wifi enabled when operating as a wireless access point but it never crashed because of it. Do you get the same problem when Wifi and 3G are disabled? Also, lack of free space in the system memory might cause the phone to work a bit harder but if you've cleared off all apps using factory reset then it's more than likely a hardware fault.

perhaps there is a temp monitoring app you can use to try and see what's going on?

Battery status pro has one, I don't think it got much higher than 40 degrees. It doesn't feel much warmer than it did before the update. I think I'm going to have to send it back to HTC. I'm not looking forward to going back to my Nokia 5800 for a few weeks.

Advertisement