Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boarding Kennels

Options
  • 08-08-2010 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am living in East Cork and hoping to board my two collie sheepdogs in the next couple of weeks. I am looking into using Bed, Bath and Biscuit located in Youghal. Have any of you used this place. Would welcome any feedback, as I want to make sure my two pets are going to be looked after while I am away - all comments are welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jbond

Just wondering if you used this kennels and if you would recommend? I am looking for a good kennels around the Midleton area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BassettCrazy

I used this boarding kennels in august when we were going on honeymoon. I was anxious because we only had our puppy 2 months but they were fantastic took really good care of him and sent me pictures of him every week on my phone. could not recommend them enough. will definitely be sending buckley the basset hound back for his holidays this summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Joey219

Used Bed, Bath and Biscuit in September, boarded the two dogs, and we were so delighted with the set up. Both came back to us in great form, and had already built up a great relationship with Martin over the couple of days that we were away. We're heading away on holiday in May for 2 weeks, so will definately be back. P.S. Thought it was a nice touch on our first day away, that we were sent a picture message of the two of them out for their walks!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

We're going to be putting ours in kennels next weekend, for two nights. I'm dreading it already.

This may sound sad, but I've only spent one night away from the dogs since we got them last August. I've become way to attached to them and them to me!

Wish I was near Cork, coz that place sounds great. We're thinking of using Jerusalem Boarding Kennels near Carlow. Has any boardsie used these before?

Any advice for my seperation anxiety?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 exileincork

we use garryanne boarding kennells between conna and ballynoe and they are fantastic...spotless facilities and are very good with our two mutts!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Joey219

Kildareash - I was the same last September, we had boarded them in December 2009, but I wasn't too happy when we had collected them on return. One bit of advise, make sure you visit the kennels before you leave them in - We had seen two places, and while they were fine, I just didn't feel it was what we were looking for - when we visited Bed, Bath and Biscuit, we knew straight away - spent a bit of time there, talking to owner and had a walk around. To ease your own anxiety, you should really pay the place a visit. At least it's only for two nights, so you will know immediately by the dogs reaction when you collect them - Best of luck with boarding them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jbond

Having seen the reviews here I decided to use this kennels and I have to say I was not disappointed. The owner was very approachable and understood how anxious I was about leaving my dog. There was no problem with me going to have a look at the kennels to make sure I was happy with the set up before deciding to book in. I only left my dog here for a short stay but I will definitely book in again for my summer holidays and would recommend checking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭spur

We use a1-k9 in Knockraha and are very happy with it. his lordship loves going there - and for me that's the most important things as dogs don't lie - I know he's well treated there!
    It's very clean and its temp controlled with music playing. He always smells lovely when he gets back - assume its whatever detergent they use to clean the place, but I associate it with the kennels now and stick my nose into his hair when he gets back!!:D
    Dogs are walked there and dogs they trust are allowed exercise in the garden off-lead - our fella has progressed to that now!!
    Its very hard leaving them first time, but now I know he's safe and happy and that makes it easier. what I find very hard is coming back and it not being time for pick-up and missing him!!! (or coming back after a drop-off and we're not heading off to next day)
    Its about a mile from Knockraha village on the most terrible road you'll see!! Get direction from their website or from themselves - I got totally lost first time, trying to use the sat nav reference on the website (think more me than the reference!!!!)
    I reckon he's been there 8 or 9 times now - mostly for 1 or 2 night stays, longest was 6 days.

Advertisement