Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hall of Fame Week: Cowboys @ Bengals

Options
  • 08-08-2010 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

100px-Dallas_Cowboys.svg.png100px-Cincinnati_Bengals.svg.png

8:00pm ET / 1:00 AM Irish Time
    Hall of Fame Game
    Fawcett Stadium, OH

Football is back baby :)

Sure it's only preseason, but at least we're back in action. This one kicks offs at 8pm ET (that's 1am our time).

Of course all eyes will be on the Bengals as TO and Ocho step onto the field for the first time together on the same team. I'm looking forward to seeing a number of other things from the Bengals tonight though, mainly how their rookies Jordan Shipley, Jermaine Gresham and Carlos Dunlap get on (although Dunlap might not play). I also want to see what shape Pacman is in, and how he gets on with punt returns. Of course, I hope to see one of my favourite second year players in Rey Maualuga too.

Unfortunately there'll be no Dez Bryant for the Cowboys which is a shame. But they have such a talented roster that'll be great to see what the guys further down the depth chart have to offer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I normally don't bother with pre-season games but for once I am looking forward to seeing them this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

Just to get everybody in the mood for the hall of fame game, here's a reminder of last years:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Any links online for this?

Apologies Mods if not allowed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Naos wrote: »
    Any links online for this?

Apologies Mods if not allowed!

Here

There are other links to sites that stream also in here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055740951

But until the game starts I couldn't tell you which ones work yet :D

Im sure others will update as the night goes on and if I find one I will also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I'm hopeful this stream will work, that website is usually great for games.

I'm going to try and get more into the NFL this year, starting tonight. I was once a big Steelers fan, so looking forward to next week more obviously, but tonight should be good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Currently watching the EA Sports Madden NFL 10 Pigskin Pro-Am that ends at 5PM PST. What fun! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

IT'S BACK!!!!!

The pro am is great fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    IT'S BACK!!!!!

The pro am is great fun.
    Joe Montana throws pass in final play to win Gamers 90, Famers 89.

This on Sky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

No

NBC is telecasting Stateside. Game starts shortly!

What a pass by Joe Montana!

What a pass by Joe Montana!
    Yes, with very grey hair too; while the MVP went to a girl, ha!! :D

Lindsay Soto was the real MVP.

Giggidy

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Cincinnati Bengals At Dallas Cowboys Monday 9th August 2010, 01:00 Match Betting Hide

Overtime counts
    Cincinnati Bengals 20/29
    Dallas Cowboys 6/5

Handicap Betting Hide

Cincinnati Bengals (-3.0) evens
    Dallas Cowboys (+3.0) 5/6

Total Points in Game Hide

Over (32.5) 10/11
    Under (32.5) 10/11

Kickoff... Dallas has the ball... 38 yd return.

Edit: Dallas still with first possession threatening Cin from the red zone.

Edit: Fumble Dallas!

Edit: But Cin penalty gives the ball back to Dallas. 2nd and goal.

Edit: 4th and goal... FG team on field.

Edit: Dallas 3-0.

Think i'll log off the interwebs for the night, grab a beer and watch some training camp heros make some plays :pac:.

Enjoy the game people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

3-0 Cowboys. Bengals make a good stand in the redzone. Now for Batman and Robin haha

Cin 1st and 10 on their 31.

Edit: No ground game established yet for Cin. Owens looks good for the pass.

Edit: Cin chokes in their own territory and now punts to Dallas.

Edit: Dallas making most yds by passing.

Edit: QB Katina needs practice!

Edit: Dallas does nothing with 2nd possession. Cin has ball. 3-0 Dallas.

Edit: Cin QB sacked. Cin punts to Dallas.

• Advertisement

I don't know whether Dallas are defending well or Palmer and the Bengals are just ineffective.

Dallas fumble! 2nd time in first quarter for Dallas. But Dallas recovers.

Edit: 1st qtr ends. Still 3-0 Dallas.

Edit: Dallas does nothing. Punts to Cin.

Edit: The stats must be low for offensive rushing (both teams). No ground game.

Edit: Cin does nothing. Punts to Dallas.

Edit: Dallas fumbles a third time? They better find the handle on that ball! This time Cin gets possession.

Edit: Cin QB almost sacked deep, intentionally grounds. Punts to Dallas.

Edit: This game is getting boring...

Edit: Dallas scores second FG. New score 6-0 Dallas.

Edit: Half. Yawn!

Advertisement