Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The old house is in danger of becoming a listed property

Options
  • 08-08-2010 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi All:
    Got a notice from the Co Co that the old house is being listed as a protected structure - I am not at all happy about this.

Does onyone know of a way to fight this - after all it's my house - it's not particulaarily historic - just old.

If it gets listed - I'd have to get the CoCo permission to make any changes inside or out - so I am seriously not in the mood to comply.

How do I get out of this!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,333 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Moved from Accommodation & Property.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

You should also have got documentation, as part of the same notice, explaining the appeals procedure and how to go about making your submission.

Not being in the mood to comply, or inconvenience on your part are not seen as genuine reasons to stay a listing.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

.... and while the necessity to apply for permission is undoubtedly an inconvenience, there is also an upside as there are grants available for certain types of works to protected structures.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 bogfire

Hi Poor Uncle Tom:

Thanks for that - I will investigate the appeals procedure - all I got was a letter saying that I could comment on the overall development plan for the area.

Bogfire

Advertisement