Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Mac Cake

Options
  • 08-08-2010 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28

So I have a friend who's husband is a complete Apple Mac head so for his 50th Birthday I came up with the idea of making the old apple logo , ya know the multi-coloured one? So that's what I did. I made a lemon sponge cake, put raspberry in the centre and covered it in buttercream frosting. All that was next was to colour my fondant in the appropriate colours and voilà!
    Hope you like it! It didn't take too long to make and the customer was extremely happy and very very grateful too :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/pammb/4871948885/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

That's so cute! The colours look so retro as well.
    Thought there would be an apple flavoured filling but probably wouldn't taste as good as a rasberry yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 inthegateaux

Thanks a mill :D
    I was really happy with the end result, also because it was a nice easy one to, next one I'm doing is a Toy Story one so I'll be busy this week for sure!
    I thought about the apple filling but I was shot down by the family, they all wanted lemon with raspberry hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭f1dan

That's class, kudos to you!

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

That looks fantastic, well done!

Best username ever btw :)

• Advertisement

hehe thanks very much, yes the name came about after one to many cocktails with my sister, I love it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 AllForOne

oh yummy that cake looks fantastic well done :)

Love the username too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Those cakes are incredible well done.

aw thanks a mill :D

Advertisement