Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy money?

Options
  • 08-08-2010 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭

Last night in a drunken argument with a Jets fan (he seemed like a cool guy till i found out his true colours tongue.gif), i took on a bet. I bet the Jets fan $20 that Thomas Jones would rush for a 1,000 yards this season...easy money?

Reasons why i think TJ will rush for 1,000:
    • He ran for 1,400 last season, he's hardly declined that much, he's only 31 and hes a workout warrior
    • Chiefs like to run the ball and i think he'll be the main focal point of the their offense, and they have a tradition of RBs who run for many yards even tho their team is average
    • Poor passing game
    • He's the only RB they have so he'll get a lot of touches
    Reasons against:
    • He's a year older
    • The Chiefs OL is not as good as the Jets'
    • He's the only RB they have so he'll wear down quicker
    • The NFL season is too unpredictable, he could get injured in the 1st game of the season and be done

Good bet? 10 votes

Easy Money, stupid Jets Fan
    0% 0 votes
    Easy Money, stupid Pats Fan
    20% 2 votes
    Could go either way
    80% 8 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Emm, I think you're forgetting about Jamaal Charles. Jones will be a third down and goal line back, not a whole lot more. Charles is the stud in Kansas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Archimedes wrote: »
    Well, what I posted in the other thread:

Emm, I think you're forgetting about Jamaal Charles. Jones will be a third down and goal line back, not a whole lot more. Charles is the stud in Kansas.

That post was way too quick, Archimedes...damn i forgot about Jamal Charles, he's a pretty decent RB

I dont think its easy money but i think TJ has a good shot at 1,000.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Hazys wrote: »
    That post was way too quick, Archimedes...damn i forgot about Jamal Charles, he's a pretty decent RB

I dont think its easy money but i think TJ has a good shot at 1,000.

Anytime I see American Football on the home page, I just zone in :pac:

If Im being honest, I think it's a very, very poor bet. Don't get me wrong, every fibre in my body would love to see the Jets fan lose his money (:p) but imo, Jones will be lucky to rush for 500 yards, let alone 1000. Charles is underestimated by a lot of people. Let's not forget he rushed for over 725 yards in the Chiefs' last 4 games last season. That's a pretty fantastic way to finish the year. Jones is getting on in years especially for a RB and has over 2100 carries at this stage in his career. I think Jones will be for the Chiefs what LT will be for the Jets to be honest. Sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Considering you got evens you got absolutely bent over here. Agree with Archimedes, it's a terrible bet for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Yeah defo a terrible bet. Right now they are both to carry equal loads with Charles being the featured back. Charles will get the nod quicker unless Jones starts to rack up yards very quickly which to be honest behind the Chiefs O-line I doubt he will. The Jets have probably the best Run Blocking O-line in the NFL right now and it was this reason that allowed the Jets to rack up so much on the ground last season. Not taking away from their backs but that kind of protection will help ten folds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Bollox....this sucks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Poor Hazys. That's the definition of ripping someone apart. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭darragh16

Apparently TJ is listed ahead of Jamal Charles, still doubt he'll reach the 1000yd mark. What you should do is lay your bet with Betfair or somethin, but its only 20 quid, I suggest lettin it go!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Just give him the $20 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

You got screwed on this bet sorry

Or should I say screwed yourself

• Advertisement
Advertisement