Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy vestax decks??

Options
  • 08-08-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm interested in buying a set of new pdx2000s/3000s with a straight tonearm. Does anyone know where these can be purchased online or in ireland? I've checked all my usual online stores (thomann, musicstore, djstore, htfr) but all that seams to be available is the pdx3000 mix, thats the one with the s-tonearm, or else bundles including the decks and a mixer, etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

• Registered Users Posts: 9 beely

Cheers Euskal,
    That seems like a pretty good deal but I'd like to find where they are been sold new. A lot of the stores seem to have discontinued vestax, I've no idea why.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Lukasz.

Just checked around a few sites,HTFR and Thomann and no luck.
    Seems to be slim pickings.
    Whats going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭noelo

beely wrote: »
    I'm interested in buying a set of new pdx2000s/3000s with a straight tonearm. Does anyone know where these can be purchased online or in ireland? I've checked all my usual online stores (thomann, musicstore, djstore, htfr) but all that seams to be available is the pdx3000 mix, thats the one with the s-tonearm, or else bundles including the decks and a mixer, etc.
    there is a set in me mate closet for sale. dont use em no more if you want em.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lukasz. wrote: »
    Just checked around a few sites,HTFR and Thomann and no luck.
    Seems to be slim pickings.
    Whats going on?

Its called Traktor:p

• Advertisement

Its called Traktor:p
    Na Bullet its called a set cdj 2000 and a djm 2000, mix vibes have abandoned Tractor and put all focus on the record box software which is the primary software for pioneers new gen gear ,that were the future is. In my opinion. I blown away really ,am the first in the republic to av the full rig.Aul larry lamp is de second.:D

Well noelo, like I said I'm really just wondering where they can be bought new so when I save up the cash I'll have an option other than technics. I still might be interested in yours depending on price/condition.

At the moment I'm using borrowed (indefinitely!) 1210s and cdj1000mk3s. All I actually own is a set of citronic turntables and a crappy mixer and they don't quite cut it anymore! I really want to upgrade my own gear in the coming months.

As for the vinyl vs cdj vs digital debate, I think that ones been thrashed out countless times already! Personally i get the whole CDJ/traktor thing, it's much handier for playing in clubs, etc. but for me in my bedroom I think its hard to beat a set of vinyl decks for the fun factor...

Having said all that, the djm 2000 looks disgustingly bad ass!!

Well noelo, like I said I'm really just wondering where they can be bought new so when I save up the cash I'll have an option other than technics. I still might be interested in yours depending on price/condition.

At the moment I'm using borrowed (indefinitely!) 1210s and cdj1000mk3s. All I actually own is a set of citronic turntables and a crappy mixer and they don't quite cut it anymore! I really want to upgrade my own gear in the coming months.

As for the vinyl vs cdj vs digital debate, I think that ones been thrashed out countless times already! Personally i get the whole CDJ/traktor thing, it's much handier for playing in clubs, etc. but for me in my bedroom I think its hard to beat a set of vinyl decks for the fun factor...

Having said all that, the djm 2000 looks disgustingly bad ass!!

Ah right you are,I love all formats..... but you know whats poxy ,when i took the dame thing from the box i happend to notice no ground lugs on the back so ive an old technic world championship mixer goin in one channel with the technics running on that,it **** but i get to use all the effects so its cool in way but **** at the same time.

noelo wrote: »
    no ground lugs
    That was a bit shortsighted of em!

How much are you looking for for those vestax out of interest? Are they 2000/3000s?

That was a bit shortsighted of em!

How much are you looking for for those vestax out of interest? Are they 2000/3000s?
    I know ,i guess by putting a grounding point on it ,their promoting the use of vinyl.??? when they want to sell their products only??? I suppose 400 for them ,they have a straight tone arm.

• Advertisement

400 is a bit much for me, sound anyway.

I guess pioneer could be trying to do that, my biggest problem with pioneer mixers is the placement of the headphone jack. it doesn't seem to bother anyone else but it annoys the f**k outta me! if you put your cdjs close to the edge of the mixer the headphone cable makes it awkward to use the pitch slider on the left cdj. surely they should have realised this by now and put the jack on the front(like on the djm 400 & 350) or even the right of the mixer!

400 is a bit much for me, sound anyway.

I guess pioneer could be trying to do that, my biggest problem with pioneer mixers is the placement of the headphone jack. it doesn't seem to bother anyone else but it annoys the f**k outta me! if you put your cdjs close to the edge of the mixer the headphone cable makes it awkward to use the pitch slider on the left cdj. surely they should have realised this by now and put the jack on the front(like on the djm 400 & 350) or even the right of the mixer!
    jazus i never thought of that, but it would. I never had them that close together lucky enough,i got those clamp on brackets;).I find if your head phones have an (el shaped) jack it iradicates that problem and takes a bit of stress off the plug. your right 400 is a bit steep:eek:. ill reveiw that and get back to you ok:). sure there doing nothing only collecting dust.

i was thinking about the grounding issue and had a look online. you might want to look at this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQcQVUJ0Ki8

it looks pretty easy if your any way handy with a soldering iron and your man seems to know what he's talking about, he goes into a lot of detail in the other parts as well. I dont know anyone who's tried it though so I cant say if its good or not.

thats great Beely:pac:, I am actually gonna do that this week. its gonna save me a lotta hassel. cheers pal. :D

Advertisement