Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time Masters in Biomedical science

Options
  • 08-08-2010 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Hey all! Just applied for a part time Masters in biomedical science in the univeristy of ulster! Any one do this course before? Any tips/hints?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ciarakitten

Hi No I have not heard about it. But it sounds great. Is it part time?

Im hoping to do a msc in nutrition health partime. Do you need to be a medical undergrad for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Hi Tatabubbly,
    I've just finished the grad-dip in this course, if you've any questions, drop me a pm and I'll do my best to answer them :)
    Jess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭tatabubbly

Thanks!! Just got accepted so i'm verry excited!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bogball

Hi Folks,

Just registered for this site after seeing your comments, I've been offered place in Limerick, just wondering is it worth while, etc. ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Biochem_1

Hi tatabubbly,
    I have just applied for this course in coleraine. I'm hoping to be accepted and start in the next few weeks

Have you been given a start date? I have no info on the course really so anything u could tell me would be much appreciated (i.e when the exams are and how many papers u have to sit at a time, how much did u have to pay now etc etc)

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hey! Looking at it, we start on the 20th of sept with registration on the 15th! I 've no idea how much the fees are, i've money put away for them but i'm doing it part time so mine are under 2000e.

There is info on the modules on the current students part of the website, from what i can see a lot is continuous assessment, projects etc. Going to be an exciting year!

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

I'm not starting that course, but I'm starting a different Masters (distance learning) and I'm starting the 20th too. It's all very vague. I thought they'd have sent on all the details about it by now! I wonder when they're due to come out? Do you know what your workload will be like? I presume that type of Masters is usually one year full-time and 2 years part-time? That's what I'm doing...I'm hoping it doesn't eat into my regular life too much :) Veru excited to start!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dreamer12

hey

im startin the full time masters in biomed in two weeks but i dont really no anything, havnt been given a lot of information though

is anyone doin this?

im very nervous

Hey, they haven't sent me out my fees or anything yet. I'm wondering about the lack of information sent out about the course, i'm not really impressed

Well, it's the same with the MSc in Health Psychology. I've got no details since I was accepted. The start date is coming up! Have you contacted them to get more information, or has anyone doing a part-time Masters in the University of Ulster got any idea when they'll be in touch?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dreamer12

so where did u do biomed, your just part time is it
    im full time and dont no anyone, im 23 and am really worried its going to be mature student, dont know anyone else doing other courses either

Hey everyone will be new, i didn't do biomed, i've a plain ole science degree! As far as i know the part timers do the same classes as full time except it's only one module a semester.

I've tried and get in contact with the fees office, i left a message so hopefully they will be back to me soon enough. I had to get in touch with them beforehand as they gave me the wrong letter of acceptance and they were a bit slow

I'm getting quite anxious now too. I'd like confirmation of how much I'll have to pay!

Is your course all by distance learning or will you be in the college part-time? Mine is all by distance learning and I'd like to know exactly what it involves. They're cutting it fine.

Advertisement