Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rent allowance

Options
  • 08-08-2010 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hello everyone,

Im very confused with rent allowance and would like someone who is getting it to explain it to me. I hoping to get a place by myself but I would like support as it would be my 1st place. I think the max limit is roughly €500. Now the part that I want to find out is if I get a place that is €700 will they pay the €500 and I can pay the rest ? Please repyl to this as I am really confused.

Many Thanks,

Daniel.N.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Moving to State Benefits - the social.ie support forum is a site support forum for a site that currently isn't operational.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

if I get a place that is €700 will they pay the €500 and I can pay the rest ?

No, the maximum rent can't be any greater than the limit for your area. So if the limit in your area is €500, then the rent you're paying can't exceed that, and in reality you'll probably get €470 (for example) and be expected to pay the other €30 yourself.

You're unlikely to be eligible if you're still living at home. One of the conditions is that you must have been living in the place for 6 months, with the expectation that you could pay the rent, and the only reason you need help now is due to a change of circumstances (e.g. losing your job).

Take a read through the Citizens Information site for extra information.

Advertisement