Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&Q 4 man tent - need instructions

Options
  • 08-08-2010 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Hi folks... A couple of months back I bought the 4 man starter tent in B&Q. I only opened it last w/e & discovered the instructions weren't included. I contacted B&Q to get a copy but they're sold out. They even contacted the UK, but no joy. I tried to pitch it but could only get halfway - it's a bit different to our last tent.

Would anybody have a copy they could scan/email to me?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

B&Q don't really make anything it will just be a generic product rebranded I'd search ebay to find the same or near identical tent and get the brand name from it.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=4+man+tent&_sacat=See-All-Categories

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

paddyp wrote: »
    B&Q don't really make anything it will just be a generic product rebranded I'd search ebay to find the same or near identical tent and get the brand name from it.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=4+man+tent&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Cheers-tried that already. Couldn't find the exact same one - although there are some fairly similar ones.

Was just hoping somebody on here might have a copy for this specific one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    Hi folks... A couple of months back I bought the 4 man starter tent in B&Q.

Would anybody have a copy they could scan/email to me?

Thanks in advance
    so you have come here as part of a campaign to canvass our opinions and pitch the idea of supplying you with instructions? Is that your intent? Or are we poles apart?
    (grabs coat before he is pegged out.......)

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    so you have come here as part of a campaign to canvass our opinions and pitch the idea of supplying you with instructions? Is that your intent? Or are we poles apart?
    (grabs coat before he is pegged out.......)

Yip, thats about it. I'm looking for help to source the instructions. I drew a blank with B&Q and online searches.

As far as I know, the instructions are typically provided on one A4 sized sheet of paper (that's what came with the previous tent I had) so if anybody has bought the same tent, I assumed it would be just a case of scanning the page & emailing it to me.

This seemed the most obvious forum on Boards - I couldn't find a forum specifically for camping, so this seemed the next most obvious place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    Yip, thats about it. I'm looking for help to source the instructions. I drew a blank with B&Q and online searches.

As far as I know, the instructions are typically provided on one A4 sized sheet of paper (that's what came with the previous tent I had) so if anybody has bought the same tent, I assumed it would be just a case of scanning the page & emailing it to me.

This seemed the most obvious forum on Boards - I couldn't find a forum specifically for camping, so this seemed the next most obvious place.

Sometimes they put them on the big label stitched to the bag it comes in.
    Is it one of those pancy pop up tents or a normal tent. Where are you getting stuck putting it up. Have you copped that there could be tubes in the outer sheet that the poles go into.

• Advertisement

Sometimes they put them on the big label stitched to the bag it comes in.
    Is it one of those pancy pop up tents or a normal tent. Where are you getting stuck putting it up. Have you copped that there could be tubes in the outer sheet that the poles go into.

The instructions aren't stitched in on these ones (according to B&Q). I checked that already. I understand the principle of how these tents work, just not the finer details on this one.

My old one (something like this) was easier to set up as it was a "one room" style - i.e. 2 sets of rods criss-crossed to make the interior dome. The ends of these rods fitted (under tension as a result of bending the rods into position) into retaining holes in the corners of interior base... so the interior was self supporting without even needing to peg it to the ground. Then I just pegged the interior to the ground & then put the fly sheet over & it & pegged that too.

The new one (this one) has 4 or 5 sections & it's not obvious (to me anyway) where the ends of the rods are supposed to go.

Impossible to explain in a few words what I'm trying to say... I even confused myself reading back over what I just wrote. I'll probably wait for another dry day & just have another go. No doubt I’m just missing something obvious!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Cool tent,hopefully you can get it sorted or we'll be sleeping in the van!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Take a carefull look at the outer sheet, there cloth tubes where the poles go trough it.
    See in the picture how there are ridges in the outer sheet

The tubes are the same material as the outer sheet and will be flat when there are no poles in them.

You slide the poles into the outer sheet the put the ends onto steep pins that are attached to the outer sheet.

The idea is that the inner part of the tent hangs off the outer sheet so they never touch and allow water in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

That design is around for a long long time,

http://www.quechua.com/EN/t4-2-33684496/

Click on "our videos" to see it put up.

paddyp wrote: »
    That design is around for a long long time,

http://www.quechua.com/EN/t4-2-33684496/

Click on "our videos" to see it put up.

Cheers for that paddyp - much appreciated! That's the one

Thanks

• Advertisement