Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American top gear

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Hmmmm, I dunno. I guess I was expecting more irritating hosts who'd say "Dog" and "Bro" or, at the very least, cheesy and fake but these guys don't seem to be the worst. If anything I don't see the differences between them like there is with Clarkson, Hammond, and May. Still, not a patch on the original.

I'll give the 1st show a chance before I make up my mind. In fairness, if the yanks pull it off in an entertaining way then you know their challenges and stunts would be huge..............if a bit redneck :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

They're better than the Aussie version. I just hope they don't try and match the chemistry of May/Jeremy/Hammond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

at least Tanner Foust should be a good test driver. he does rally and drifting if im not mistaken

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Doesn't look that bad tbh. I wonder will they have an audience like the UK version. If they do I reckon they could get heaps of celebrities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭bmw535d

i stopped watching when he shouted a hundred and sixty five mph in a 4 door.. i mean seriously thats really not that impressive

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭samsemtex

bmw535d wrote: »
    i stopped watching when he shouted a hundred and sixty five mph in a 4 door.. i mean seriously thats really not that impressive

Ah you again...its pretty impressive. And clarkson has often said with astonishment that such and such car will do over 190mph which isn't that impressive in comparison to some other cars. Things have to be taken in context.

I dont think its too bad. Its not going to be the same as the english one and at the end of the day its another car program to watch. how exactly is that a bad thing. If your expecting it to be as good in the same ways as the UK one then you're being unfair and expecting too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭PJTierney

Top Gear is nothing without Clarkson, that's why I never enjoy these foreign spin-offs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Would have been better if they kept Adam Carolla, the mans a legend. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

This looks ok, hosts dont look like tools anyway. More Top Gear can only be a good thing.

Advertisement