Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''Neighbour's Decking too high''

Options
  • 07-08-2010 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

I'm living in a semi-detached estate in north county Cork. . It's in the country. . .nice spot. . . . My semi-d neighbour kindly erected his decking at the end of his garden, looking up at my back door. . . His railings are a few inches higher than our dividing fence!! It's wrecking my head so much that i rang the county planner. . . He would've needed Planning Permission. . Never saw anything in the paper or on his property .and for general info for anyone in county Cork- It's a maximum height of 2 metres for back garden fencing and front garden divides can only be 1.2 metres in height.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,547 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

That's some decking if it's higher than 2m. The exempted heights you are referring to are shown here at Schedule 2, Class 1, part 5.

Advertisement