Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Year Abroad

Options
  • 07-08-2010 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭

Can't believe I'm back in this Forum again, after completing the JC there in June... I todl myself I wouldn't be returning untill Results are out but anyway..
    Right so basically I'm considering doing a year abroad in an American High School, or half a year anyway with the idea of staying with an American Host Family... Thats right, some families are willing to take mad paddys for the year.. and sure how could they resist?
    I'm seeking some advice from you guys if any of ye may have done it, or are considering doin it as a substitute for Transition Year. The programme which our school offers is quite poor and I'm not considering doing it, so I belive the year abroad may be a nice, life changing alternative.

Advertisement