Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interview question

Options
  • 07-08-2010 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, iv an interview for a sports shop next week and i was wondering what the most apropriate thing to wear would be?

no smart comments please! ;)

iv been unemployed since christmas so i really want to make the rite impression!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Whenever ive had an interview ive always gone with a shirt, slacks and shoes as a minimun. I always work of the bases that id rather be over dressed than under dressed. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

ANXIOUS wrote: »
    Whenever ive had an interview ive always gone with a shirt, slacks and shoes as a minimun. I always work of the bases that id rather be over dressed than under dressed. Good luck.

+1 Agree!

I've always been told to dress for the job you aspire to, not the job you're applying for!

Good Luck!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I would wear a smart pants, shirt and tie. No need for a suit jacket at all I'd say. Although its for a sports shop and your uniform would be a tracksuit(likely) you'd be better off making a good first impression.

Tailor your dress sense to your interviewer who likely would not wear a full suit to work anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I fidn a suit minus the tie looks smart but casual for these types of interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

cool cheers lads, black pants and shirt so looks like the general idea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

Best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

thanks guys :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

+1 Agree!

I've always been told to dress for the job you aspire to, not the job you're applying for!

Good Luck!!

if i wanna be batman does that mean i should wear a mask and cape????

:D

@ dave 27
    personally ive always just gone with the jumper and jeans look. just dress clean, tidy and smart. and be yourself. an interview means that you are already an ideal candidate. now they wanna check out your personality. if your polite and not too shy youll do great.

good luck with the interview OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Icky Thump wrote: »

Obviously! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Icky Thump wrote: »

@ dave 27
    personally ive always just gone with the jumper and jeans look. just dress clean, tidy and smart. and be yourself. an interview means that you are already an ideal candidate. now they wanna check out your personality. if your polite and not too shy youll do great.

good luck with the interview OP
    don't wear jeans to an interview unless you're 17 and accompanied by your mammy.dress smart means no jeans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

don't wear jeans to an interview unless you're 17 and accompanied by your mammy.dress smart means no jeans

That's rich coming from you. Have a shave you HIPPY! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Berty wrote: »
    That's rich coming from you. Have a shave you HIPPY! :D

I'll let you know I actuallly do own a shirt and tie, god knows where it is but its there somewhere. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Suit without the tie Dave and best of luck

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'd say suit WITH a tie, I would use it as part of the interview to show how methodical you are in your thinking and how you like to prepare for as many eventualities as possible. Say that you weren't sure how to dress for the interview and that you thought that by wearing a suit you could simply adjust it by removing the jacket or tie is you noticed that it wasn't that kind of interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭talkingclock

I'd say black pants, shirt and proper shoes. capped and gowned would fit for bank director but is IMHO a bit much for a sales assistant in a sports shop...

Advertisement