Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best authentic pub in North Co. Dublin

Options
  • 07-08-2010 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

Ok What in your opinion is the best authentic pub in North Co. Dublin these days?

So the kind of pub with a real fire, where the regulars discourage the quality man from Guinness from cleaning the lines and where you don't have to avoid farm machinery hanging from the roof on the way back from the bar. You know the pub that can rustle you up something special like a toasted cheese and ham sandwhich if you require more than a packet of crisps. The toilets might be used only by the criminally insane or those foolish first timers but the kind of place you still like to sit back and enjoy a pint or g&t in.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭hitman79

The Man O War is a grand spot for a pint in front of a blazing fire...roll on winter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

My vote would be for Nealon's in Skerries.

However, on the food score - you won't (shouldn't) get a sandwich unless the bar has a fully licenced food prep facilities & they aren't to common these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭clunked

My vote would be for Mc Cormack's in Balscadden. Great pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭NorthDub

clunked wrote: »
    My vote would be for Mc Cormack's in Balscadden. Great pub.

gets my vote too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Walsh's in Rush. Despite some decorating being done it has maintained charachter with a diverse clientel in the lounge while the bar is much the same as it always was, the last time I was in it anyway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Joe mays in skerries in the little back bar beside the jax (if its still there)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

The Merry Cricketer in Balrothery, its the old pub at the back of the Balrothery inn.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭cbreeze

1. Gladstone, Skerries, (featured in the George Gently TV drama series - lounge only)
    2. Joe May's front bar

3. Coast Inn Skerries is open again (different management)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

RobFowl wrote: »
    The Merry Cricketer in Balrothery, its the old pub at the back of the Balrothery inn.

have to agree The Merry Cricketer is a proper Irish local it still has the country feel open fire the lot and good food but Cormack's in Balscadden is another good spot but no food

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I love the Man o' War too.
    A blazing fire and a good session.

• Advertisement
Advertisement