Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Learning about video formats, container, codecs etc..

Options
  • 07-08-2010 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi

I have recently started using Sony Vegas to mess around with videos from my pocket HD Video camera.

I am very confused about which formats to render the videos in. I have tried many settings and I either seem to create massive files or else they are often quite pixalated.

Can anyone point me to some websites which would give me some basic training information about formats, codecs, containers etc?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

afterdawn.com,doom9.org

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Just render to one of the mainconcept mpeg settings, there is DVD, 1280HD & Full HD in there, if you're having a pixelation problem with any of them (i dont think you will), hit custom (beside template) and put up the video quality

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Boydsey14

Can you help me? I want to download an RTE programme showing tonight.
    It's an hour long prog on Alex Higgins.. I have Real Player, and I need to know how to do this. Please please help!! Thanks in advance for any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Michael Doherty

creativecow.net

Best place for semi-pro info

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Smithy2306

I use Vegas for HD editing, everything else is a nightmare. check how many fps(frames per second) you are capturing. more than likely its 24fps. in file>properties set frames per second to 24. make sure to set video render quality to best. HD cameras record the raw footage as avi so if you render in avi the file size will be huge and almost unplayable. render as wmv, 4.8 Mbps HD 720-24p video template. thats the best quality file type iv found in terms of size and quality. hope this helps

• Advertisement
Advertisement