Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mint - yay or nay?

Options
  • 07-08-2010 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭

I enjoy mint as it often gives a nice kick of flavour to recipes I make, e.g. desserts, lamb dishes etc.

But I was discussing it with a friend, on the topic of it as an ice-cream flavour, and he said he didn't like it in general.

So I ask you boardsies, what do ye think of mint? Do you like it? Or do you dislike it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

I love mint ice cream!
    I don't like mint with savoury dishes though,just my opinion.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Mint is a great addition to lots of things. Mint yogurt sauce, mint jelly and sauce for meats, mint in mojitos, mint tea etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭smallgarden

i love sweet mint dishes but not minty savoury dishes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

Like it with savoury things, e.g. soups, sauces, teas, meats, etc. Can't stand it in ice-cream, reminds me too much of toothpaste or mouthwash. It's the eugenol flavour from those two that have a stronger association in my mind that makes that same flavour in some foods, specifically ice-cream, very unappealing.

Also when it's added as a decoration on a dessert. Chewing on a piece of raw mint isn't very pleasurable, it ruins the enjoyment of the dish for me by overpowering the flavours of everything else. It may look nice, but if it detracts rather than enhances the overall flavours, then it doesn't belong on the plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

I think it's mint :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Tabouleh

I love it with lamb! (I usually don't bother with the bulgar wheat)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Call me the mint monster. Love it in anything sweet or savory. Love mint choc ices, after 8's, in fact anything with mint in it. Yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭CFC1905_NK

I'll admint ;) that I myself am no fan of Polo Mints

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hillbilly999

Mint ice cream...Yum:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Mojito - MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmojito

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not too great in any product without a hole really...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I **hate** it in chocolate and desserts, but I love it in Mojitos :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Can't say I like it at all,it always tastes so artificial.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,811 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I also like it, chopped fresh along with coriander, in some Asian dishes.

Raita is also great!!

Advertisement