Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Empire Film Magazine ESB 30th Anniversary

Options
  • 07-08-2010 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Hi, just picked up Empires 30th anniversary, 'Empire Strikes Back' issue today in Easons, free 'ESB' 27 page booklet with loads of unseen photos and sketches from Ralph McQuarrie, nice addition to a collection, good value too, only €6, also got SW insider magazine, they have 3 different covers out, Luke, Han and Leia

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

I seen it in Easons and I thought it looked pretty good. But there is no way I was going to pay €7 just to get that small ESB magazine. I would rather the whole Empire magazine was completely dedicated to ESB than just a small book that comes with it. I did however get Star Wars insider instead and that was very good, although still very overpriced for about €7. I would rather it was €4 or €5, but unfortunatly I can't see that happening anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭49ers fan

Yeah, I know what you mean, the SW insider is usually €5 something, jumped to €7 just cos it was a 100 page special edition.., what gets me is that its still always a €1 more than what £ exchange price is, same with lots of magazines really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

I'm waiting for this. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Making-22Empire-Strikes-Back-22-Definitive/dp/1845135555/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1281825791&sr=8-1

I bought the ANH book 3 years ago and it was absolutely brilliant. I'm guess ESB will be just as good and will have whatever stuff may have appeared in that Empire mag.

yeah, will definitely be buying this myself, good interview with the author of that book in the current SW insider magazine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ferguson

Is empire a general film mag with features on upcoming films or a SW mag?

• Advertisement

Yeah, 'Empire' is a general film magazine each month, they just had a SW special editon for 'Empire Strikes Back' 30th Anniv.

Advertisement