Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padding for Rear Passenger Seats

Options
  • 07-08-2010 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

Hi All,

In my five berth camper, I have belted rear seating for two facing forward (behind a table). The back of the seat (ie where the passengers back rests) is presently solid wood, which I believe would be uncomfortable for a long distance journey. I’m looking to put in some form of padding that would make it more comfortable. I believe this may be tricky to source as it’s pretty much a spare part for a couch/seat.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to look for and where to get it, I am all ears. (eg is there a product designed for something else that would do the job perfectly).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for all responses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

I think someone in the upholstery business would be the wat to go. The could cut some foam to size and cover it and tack it on permanently

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

yes try the upholstery guys - they have various densities of foam up to one called structural foam which is strong enough to form a seat - you need something like this rather than the very soft mattress foam ("Dunlopillo" - or am I showing my age?!).

If you are in Cork for instance there's a crowd called Suite Cottage in Carrigaline.

Another place to try is anyone who re-upholsters boats and yachts - they might be more inclined to do a small job than the guys who are used to doing seriously large jobs for pubs etc.

Advertisement