Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Data package

Options
  • 07-08-2010 8:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi All.
    I bought a HTC Desire several weeks ago off O2 and unlocked it. I recently put it back on Vodafone as it seems to have the best data package on Pay as you go! I called them up twice and they sent out the settings over the air but the phone still won't work on the network's data connection. Has anyone recently changed over an Android phone to Vodafone with any similar issues? I downloaded the 360 app but everytime I turn on the phone it says it has to force close it, if this is a concern!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Press menu->settings->Wireless and networks-> Mobile network->Access point names

Delete any that are there, then press menu->New APN

Name: Live
    APN: live.vodafone.com (or isp.vodafone.ie, ask if you don't know the difference)
    Authentication type: PAP (should already be there)
    APN type: default

And you should be able to connect

To set up MMS, create another new APN with:

Name: voda mms
    APN: mms.vodafone.net
    MMSC: http://www.vodafone.ie/mms
    MMS proxy:10.24.59.200
    MMS port: 80
    Authentication type: PAP
    APN type: mms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 mcasey

Thanks a million Sam. That worked a treat! Its like having a new toy again. Well happy now!

Advertisement