Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strange Video editing problem. [Flick DVD]

Options
  • 06-08-2010 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi.

Ok heres my problem....

I have 3 .vob video files:

X.vob [1GB]
    Y.vob [0.5GB]
    Z.vob [0.5GB]

I can play these files back in windows media player and they playback perfectly.

I wanted to put these videos on a dvd and have a basic menu so the user can view which video to play.

To do this I used a program called "DVD Flick".
    [This program creates an .iso image at the end which i have then burned to a dvd]

The problem is this....
    when i insert the dvd into my laptop, navigate through the menu and playback the second and third video, the picture and sound is perfect. However if I playback the first video, it plays, but when the camera moves in the video, the edges of everything in the video gets distored slightly. (almost like a shimmering).

What makes the problem stranger is this....if i dont go through the menu, but rather explore the .iso and open up the first .vob video files directly, it plays perfectly. Why is there a problem only when i go through the dvd menu and playback the video rather than playing the video directly?

Can someone please help me with this issue as i am a newbie to all this video editing stuff and trying to convert these video files to different formats and trying so many things already takes so much time to do.

Thanks.

Dan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭djt0607

OK I HAVE NARROWED THE PROBLEM DOWN AND MADE IT ALOT SIMPLER....

as mentioned above, i am having a problem with the first video X.vob.

i played this file in VLC player and it played fine. I turned 'de-interlacing' on (it was previously set to 'off') and set the 'de-interlacing mode' to 'discard'. (It was previously set to 'blend').

By doing this, it added the shimmering distorted effects i was describing above. So the problem is an deinterlacing one.

I have the origonal X.mpeg video file (before i converted it to X.vob) and am wondering now that i know what the problem is...how can i convert it to a .vob and keeping the deinterlacing off?

I suspect what has happened (although as mentioned earlier, i am a newbie, so my suspicion may be wrong) is that somewhere along the line of using dvd flick or some a program the deinterlacing has been turned on and the mode set to discard. why i dunno.

can anyone please help with this issue?

thanks in advance.

ps. all i want to do is to have these video files as seperate titles, burn 'em onto dvd so they will play in a dvd player.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

sounds like possible being a field dominance problem... what was the original source of the vob files?

Advertisement