Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I saw a ___ on the GTS

Options
  • 06-08-2010 11:06pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Was just looking on the GTS, mostly laughing at the ridiculous trades people want when I seen this:

DSC00426.jpg

He wanted a lv100 feraligatr but I didn't have one. Could be a hack anyway. But just thought it could be an interesting thread on what people come across on the GTS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭wobbles

got a shiny mew the other day. Definatly hacked, lvl 9 holding a master ball, but cudnt resists as he only wanter a bidoof

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

I was thrilled when someone offered a Lvl1 Charmander for a Lvl1 Eevee. :D It's not much but I needed a Charmander and all of the other Charmanders wanted ridiculous 'mon in return. It was Japanese which is good. :D

@Atavan, it probably wasn't a hack, maybe just a clone, as if he hacked it, he could've easily hacked a Feraligatr. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

No no, it was hack yes it was! *rocks self in corner*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Sure, he *could* hack himself a feraligator but maybe he's hoping for a legit 100 Feraligator for tournament use? Or maybe he didn't hack it himself?

tbh i wouldnt trust anything off the GTS. I normally use it just to get a pokemon i dont have, and breed off it. If it was a hack, at least the one i breed would be legit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

wobbles wrote: »
    tbh i wouldnt trust anything off the GTS. I normally use it just to get a pokemon i dont have, and breed off it. If it was a hack, at least the one i breed would be legit

Not really. It has to live its life knowing it's mother or father was a hack. You don't want that, do you?

I'm very cautious with that stuff aswell. If I get something off it, I have to check its Trainer Memo and stuff. And I'll only go for something in reason. I ask for something that's easy enough to catch. Usually something in Hoenn as I don't have R/S/E.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Craguls

I do like the reasonable trades, best ones are trade only evolutions such as level 25 Haunters for Kadabras.

Seeing a shiny on it's pretty cool though

I put up a lvl 1 chimchar on the gts looking for a spiritomb. Checked his morning and there was a shiny spiritomb waiting for me. Dont know if its legit or not. Its in a premier ball and was apparently met at lvl 74. Moves are:

Darkpulse (can learn at lvl 49)
    Pyschic (TM)
    Silver Wind (TM)
    Ominous Wind (learns at lvl 25)

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

I put up a lvl 1 chimchar on the gts looking for a spiritomb. Checked his morning and there was a shiny spiritomb waiting for me. Dont know if its legit or not. Its in a premier ball and was apparently met at lvl 74. Moves are:

Darkpulse (can learn at lvl 49)
    Pyschic (TM)
    Silver Wind (TM)
    Ominous Wind (learns at lvl 25)
    Met at Lv74, it's hacked I'm afraid. Spirtomb are encountered at (it's either) lv 25 or lv30

ya was thinking that. I never bother catching one myself so i wasnt sure the level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Buzzthebatgirl

ya was thinking that. I never bother catching one myself so i wasnt sure the level.
    Neither have I, I just remember that Spiritomb are only caught in one area in DPP and at a very set level. I did write a guide on Pokémon legitness once, it's way out of date now though...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I don't think there are many pokémon met above level 55 ish if any.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think I have a Spiritomb or 2 (legit) if anyone wants one at the next meet I can go to.

Same deoxys just popped up there on the gts now. This time looking for lv 100 absol

Advertisement