Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back Protecter?

Options
  • 06-08-2010 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where to get a good back protecter on line or around Kildare/Dublin?
    Have priced a few and they are all about €200 - is this normal price for one?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

€200 sounds a bit expensive. Have you tried ebay? http://sports.shop.ebay.ie/Rider-Clothing-Accessories-/16240/i.html?_catref=1&_dmpt=UK_Sporting_Goods_Equestrian_Clothing_MJ&_fln=1&_ssov=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282&Type=Body%2520Protectors

Also, shop around. Unless you are going for a serious brand name, it shouldn't be that expensive.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

It depends on what type of back protector you're looking at. The top brands, such as Racesafe, would cost around the 200 euro mark (it's been a few years since I've bought mine), but you should be able to get back protectors cheaper than that.

However, I'd advise that you go into a tack shop, such as Berney's, Equestrian World or Holmestead, all of which are in or close to the Kildare boarders, and try on different brands to see which one suits/fits you best. I'd not be a fan of buying one online for that reason.

However, whichever route you take, make sure that the backprotector you buy is approved for competition. The last thing you want to do is buy one that won't pass tack inspection or safety standards.

Advertisement