Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamweaver help

Options
  • 06-08-2010 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hey,

I need some help getting my site design from a PSD format to HTML and CSS. Is there anyone who has a good knowledge of this and has some time to teach it? Ive tried many online tutorials but so many of them assume you have a good knowledge of how to write HTML and CSS which I dont :(

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Hey,

I need some help getting my site design from a PSD format to HTML and CSS. Is there anyone who has a good knowledge of this and has some time to teach it? Ive tried many online tutorials but so many of them assume you have a good knowledge of how to write HTML and CSS which I dont :(

Cheers

PSD files are a photoshop design file, if your website uses photoshop, its probably "sliced" and its up to the origional creator to edit it,

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Photoshop should only be used for a mockup. If you want to convert it to a functioning webpage you're really going to need some knowledge of HTML & CSS.
    The closest you'll get with photoshop would be a series of sliced images placed in a table which would be an absolute nightmare to make any changes to.
    It might be a good idea to post up the image, also try posting in the design forum....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Best obvious option would be to spend a couple of days or even just a day learning html and css (simples) for your particular need. This would stand to you in the long run.

If your looking for the quick fix (not really recommended as mentioned above) then...

You can slice up the images in photo shop using the 'slice tool' and then import the finished page into dreamweaver as a web page, then simply create rollovers and delete the excess images such as text as images (especially text) replace the image texts and type them in the Dreamweaver environment.

Do not try (as mentioned above) to place each image into a table created in DW it will break you, it really will not work. did this a long time ago so the details are a bit hazy a little hazy but second option will work although not recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Shanewalsh

Learn CSS first and get the layout of your website mastered before anything. Their is nothing worse than a website made entirely of sliced pictures.

Advertisement