Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad DVD burns

Options
  • 06-08-2010 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭

I'm having a terrible time of it lately with 90 min plus burns onto DVD. Shorter projects play back fine, but some longer projects are freezing at different points when played back in standalone DVD players. I'm using Philps DVD+RW discs after assuming it was the cheaper discs that were causing the problem. Im burning with Nero 7 and the original files are fine. Only the DVD versions have problems.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

What speed is nero burning at,are you using the pc while the burn is on going,are you using nero express or nero burning rom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

mp22 wrote: »
    What speed is nero burning at,are you using the pc while the burn is on going,are you using nero express or nero burning rom?

Im burning at x2 in nero vision and yes Im using the pc while its burning. (internet etc.) I was also looking at the encoding mode and noticed that its usually set to fast 1 pass. Im thinking 2 pass may be the better option to ensure smooth burns?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

DWCommuter wrote: »
    Im burning at x2 in nero vision and yes Im using the pc while its burning. (internet etc.) I was also looking at the encoding mode and noticed that its usually set to fast 1 pass. Im thinking 2 pass may be the better option to ensure smooth burns?
    Step one try burning the disk when you are finished with the pc,you can set nero to shut down the pc when its done.I have found in the past nero vision uses most if not all of the processor power and ram memory while running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Michael Doherty

try to decrease the video encoding bit-rate...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try using Verbatim media, Philips is pritty poor from what I've found from using it, also some (Especially older) dvd players dont like +RW media, or even +R, so if its a older player try -RW discs, and Verbatim is probably your best bet

Nick

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

haven't had any problems with verbatim -r using Nero

Advertisement