Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Washing MAchine Trouble

Options
  • 06-08-2010 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I have a Whirlpool AWM 1200 front loader washing machine. I used it fine yesterday then today I put a wash on and the the machine will not start.

I have put it on to a wash, a rinse and a spin setting and nothing happens - it just clicks but does nothing.

I tried putting it on a drain setting and I can hear the machine making the pumping noise but it still wont work.

I had a look at the filter compartment (on the bottom right front of the machine) and it was full of water. I got all the water out - had a look at the filter and it was fine - no blockage. Still the machine would not start.

I then added water manually into the machine - 4 pints - and put it on a drain setting. It made the usual pumping noise. I had a look at the filter compartment and again it was full of water.

Can anyone help? Any ideas what might be wrong with it. What can I DIY to see if I can fix it myself before having to ring a plumber?

BTW I've posted this in other parts of this website - so hope someone can Help
    Tagged:

Advertisement