Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The never-ending quest..

Options
  • 06-08-2010 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭

Not that anyone will be interested but this just seems the easiest way to keep track of the various bets I do over the course of the next while. I keep books at home but just thought I'd put my neck on the line here..

Over 80% of what I gamble on is football with the rest comprising of rugby, GAA and various others.

I'll start off with a bank of €200 and will update accordingly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Good luck with it,do you find you tend to make money on football?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Cheers fella. I've been doing this for aorund 6 or 7 years at this stage. Tend to do grand in the larger scheme of things, ups and downs as per usual but make a decent amount per annum. Went pro for over a year but then got offered a decent job so went for the stability option!

I usually hate giving tips but we'll give this one a go for a while anyway and see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Sure if you're up money and having a good time you cant lose :P

Right, Bet 1:Norwich - WatfordI'll be taking the home side in this tonight. Watford were very poor away last season and haven't done anything to disprove any assumption during the off season. They have done alright pre season but nothing spectacular. They’ll be up against it tonight against a Norwich side who are coming off the back of a fantastic season in League 1. They were very impressive at times last year and will certainly be looking to continue carrying that momentum. Grant Holt will be a loss for Norwich and that’s my major qualm about tonight. A good start to the season in the Championship is vital for any newly promoted side and opportunities don’t come much better than Watford at home on a Friday night. It’s already a sell out at Carrow Road and I can see the home side edging what should be a low scoring game. €60 Norwich @ 5/6Balance: €140

• Moderators Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Holt hasn't went to the court case apparently and should be at the game.

• Advertisement

Cheers for the info fella, hopefully his head isn't muddled by it and in which case it can only be good news for Norwich.

• Moderators Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I hope it is because I've backed Watford. :pac: Should be a good game regardless. Good luck. :)

And vica versa. Should be a bit of entertainment anyway.

Not the best start, but expected.

€40 on over 40 points in the New Zealand - Australia game @ evens.

Have had €20 quid on Australia to score more than 17 points at evens with the game currently at 17-10 to the All Blacks.

• Advertisement

27 points in the first 20 minutes. 3 in the next 60... Terrible start. Balance down to 80.

Hull - Swansea

I really think the price on offer for Hull is very attractive. They've managed to retain a lot of the same squad that went down last year and have looked decent pre season. Swansea are going backwards in my eyes and I can see them struggling to repeat their exploits of last season. Bullard won't be playing, as won't Harper and Fagan but Hull still retain a strong squad capable of doing well in this division and in Nigel Pearson, they've a very talented young manager.

Swansea have their own injury problems but what really puts me off them is the combination of financial constraints and Brendan Rogers who I don't particularily rate at all.

Hull @ 11/10

Reading - Scunthorpe

Has to be a home win for me here. Scunthorpe are really going to struggle this season and Reading have the potential to win this division. They played some fantastic football last season and look a real threat going forward. Goals shouldn't be an issue for Reading this season. The player losses over the summer will hit Scunthorpe hard and I can forsee a long season ahead for them.

Reading @ 8/15

QPR - Barnsley

As much as I loath him, Neil Warnock is an axcellent manager at this level and coupled with the signings he's made during the summer and QPR are looking good for the forthcoming season. Their record against Barnsley is fantastic and a home win should be on the cards here today.

QPR @ 4/6

I'll be having a bit of these three in an treble at 5/1: €40

Nothing like a good run...

Remaining €40 on Schalke to beat Bayern @ 2/1

Advertisement