Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL Betting

Options
  • 06-08-2010 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, Im looking to place some bets on next week's preseason ation. Does anybody know any online bookies that will give odds for preseason matchups? Having trouble finding one! Also, if anyone knows what the best site for a wide array of bets is (like player specific odds on yards, receptions, TDs etc.).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Archimedes wrote: »
    Hey guys, Im looking to place some bets on next week's preseason ation. Does anybody know any online bookies that will give odds for preseason matchups? Having trouble finding one! Also, if anyone knows what the best site for a wide array of bets is (like player specific odds on yards, receptions, TDs etc.).

Ladbrokes and Bet365 have pre season betting on their site now. They also do tons of markets inc player props (total rushing/receiving/passing yards etc) for every game, obv not pre season ones though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Cheers ceadaoin. I already have a Bet365 account which is handy, but also makes me look like a fool for not checking there first :o

From looking at that, some tips I'd like to put forward:

Texans (-6) @ Cardinals @ 37/20
    49ers (-7) @ Colts @ 7/5
    Buccaneers @ Dolphins (-9.5) @ 17/10

As a treble, thats just over 17/1. Worth a tenner me thinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Risky stuff betting on Pre Season. Lots of dodge things can happen. Especially when third string teams are put out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

SantryRed wrote: »
    Risky stuff betting on Pre Season. Lots of dodge things can happen. Especially when third string teams are put out.
    Yeah preseason games are complete ballz IMO. Wouldn't watch them if they were in me back garden.

SantryRed wrote: »

Aye, but in preseason you look at coaches rather than teams, and their records. Some coaches take it much more seriously and competitive than others. For what it's worth, I would never bet big money during preseason. Besides, it's just the whet my appetite for the coming season and give the games a bit more consequence, with hopefully making a small profit on the side :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Really looking forward to the nfl betting wise. It's something which I have rarely bet on before but now that I've an online account I'll defo be having a weekly punt. Probably the sport I'm most knowledgeable in after soccer and looking forward to seeing if I can translate that into some profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Bengals v Cowgirls tonight at 1am.

Under 32.5pts 10/11, Over 32.5pts 10/11

My money is going on over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Wouldn't be at all confident betting on these pre-season games. Especially those in week 1-2 of pre-season where the 1st string will play at most a quarter, if even that. But best of luck with your bet though, hope it comes good for you.

Wouldn't be at all confident betting on these pre-season games. Especially those in week 1-2 of pre-season where the 1st string will play at most a quarter, if even that. But best of luck with your bet though, hope it comes good for you.

Don't think it really matters if its 1st, 2nd or 3rd stringers that are playing when betting on overs/unders tbh.

Thank you for the luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭Raoul

Seen the highlights. 16-7 to the Cowboys. Bengals didn't look great, neither did the Cowboys tbh.

• Advertisement

The hall of lame game I shall call it.
    I've enjoyed watching the backups/guys fighting for roster spots play in it in years past but I fell asleep at HT it was that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Surprised a lot of people were going for overs. I didn't bet but thought it had unders all over it given how quick they usually go through the first string players. They are usually FG contests too. Anyways what a boring match. Can't wait for the regular season.

For what it's worth, I've started an NFL Betting Log here in the Challenges/Logs forum for those interested in betting on American Football.

Advertisement