Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! Have found a kitten

Options
  • 06-08-2010 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭

And we haven't a clue what to do. We're dog folk! With dog and not sure what to do with this little one.

BTW we found her stuck on a ledge in a carpark in Temple bar. No collar, but seems friendly. She's light tan with tan eyes and 4 white socks. A real pet.

We've left her in the kitchen with a cushion and food/water. What should we do tomrw when we go to work!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Just to say, we're gonna put up 'found' posters and see if she's chipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

She should be fine on her own, young kittens mostly sleep during the day. If you have anything to hand that she could play with that could help too. My sisters cat loves the rings off the top of 2 litre milk cartons, flings them around the place! At such a young age anything will amuse her for a few hours. Leave some food and water out for her, and make up a little nest for her to sleep in.

Good luck!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

Might be no harm to put some news papers nearby for wee wees etc;)..and keep the dogs and cat apart:rolleyes:..

Hopefully you'll find the owner..

Good on ya for picking her up,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

If you dont find an owner i would keep her as a house cat. They are great fun and I was a dog person until i brought home my boy Sasha.

Here she is - hopefully someone might recognise her, she's litter trained I think

miaoumix.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

olaola wrote: »
    Here she is - hopefully someone might recognise her, she's litter trained I think

miaoumix.jpg

awwwww she is a little dote :) are you going to keep her? I was a dog person until our cats adopted us and there so much easier to look after than dogs. There fine all day on there own once you give them enough food/water and some toys (you can get play mice and stuff in most pound shops) and a nice warm place to sleep (they love heat) oh and a litter tray is needed also. She looks in good health but best get her checked over by a vet and scanned. Good luck with her and your as good to have opened your house to her :)

Bringing her to the vet later to see if she's chipped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Aww, she's gorgeous. best of luck with her, hope she's scanned and reunited with her owners, who I hope are missing her dreadfully. But if not, you sound perfect for her:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Dixie Chick

Eh, oh, she is mine gimme her!!! :D What a cutie!

If she isnt chipped, definitely keep her, there is no minding incats compared to dogs and they grow on you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭csd

Well this is olaola, posting from my husband's account, cos I can't remember the password (and it's registered to my work email...) anyhoo!!

She is now a HE. Prob about 4.5 months old, not chipped and defo had an owner. We're gong to see how he gets on over the weekend. The dog, while not impressed, is tolerating him. Our main issue is people looking after Miaoumix while we're away. We take Holly with us everywhere (she's got a pet passport) and none of our family/friends are really cat people!

He's currently massaging my arm and sucking on my jumper while purring like a tractor. And I saw a cat using a litter tray for my first time today. Hilarious!

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭artieanna

csd wrote: »
    He's currently massaging my arm and sucking on my jumper while purring like a tractor. And I saw a cat using a litter tray for my first time today. Hilarious!

Welcom to the world of cats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭Poochie05

You do realise you have been adopted by this cat - hook line & sinker!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Quiet_thought

He is just lovely!
    He's obviously taken to you if he's massaging you already.
    Hope you get some responses from the found posters. I know I'd be so upset if my little babies went missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 redgp

He's definitely someone's pet because he's well kept and tame. Have you contacted the dscpa to see if somebody is looking for her?? If he were mine and he went missing, I'd be heart broken. He's gorgeous!!

Thanks be you found him and took him home. Temple Bar? Not the place a tame cat would want to be wandering around. Anybody could have gotten their hands on him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭dan_d

Op, I'm afraid you're adopted. You're officially a cat person now!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

That cat is just gorgeous.

Well Miaoumix is still with us. After finding a 'present' he left us behind in the sitting room last weekend, I was adamant that I was offloading him soon! But then the little critter is growing on me. And the dog seems to be more interested in him by the day. I think she even wanted to play with him last night. So will see what happens. We're off on holidays Thursday week and we can't find anyone to mind him - so not sure what to do really!
    miaoumixbushes.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

olaola wrote: »
    Well Miaoumix is still with us. After finding a 'present' he left us behind in the sitting room last weekend, I was adamant that I was offloading him soon! But then the little critter is growing on me. And the dog seems to be more interested in him by the day. I think she even wanted to play with him last night. So will see what happens. We're off on holidays Thursday week and we can't find anyone to mind him - so not sure what to do really!
    miaoumixbushes.jpg

Could you leave the cat indoors for the week with plenty of food, water and litter trays? And maybe a friend or family member could pop up and check the house and top up his food and water each day. Give him plenty of toys and free roam of the place. Or else you could put him into a cattery for the week but he will need to have all vacinations done and it is costly

blondie7 wrote: »
    Could you leave the cat indoors for the week with plenty of food, water and litter trays? And maybe a friend or family member could pop up and check the house and top up his food and water each day. Give him plenty of toys and free roam of the place. Or else you could put him into a cattery for the week but he will need to have all vacinations done and it is costly

I just wouldn't be comfortable leaving him in all that time tbh. And he doesn't have his vaccinations yet - we're still deciding if we're going to keep him!

Advertisement